Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Third party warranties make my hair stand up

Big Will
Big Will Member Posts: 395
I want to offer the ten year warranty with my high end boiler installs. We do it with forced air and it sets us apart some times. In this case we would be using Equigard to cover the Knight boilers. This feels like the insurance that you get when you by a home. I have dealt with them as the service contractor. Would not wish them on anyone. With the Trane equipment extended warranties it is actually Trane. The are great to deal. Anyone have experience with this type of equipment warranty.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    warranties-worth it or not?

every day i get calls from some lady about a warranty i can get for my car [the old one having expired] , if only i would "press one now". i expect the same crew to wake up to heating system warranties soon. i have also checked my "do not call listing", and i am registered, however to no avail in this case.--nbc
  • Leo_32
    Leo_32 Member Posts: 1
    I press 1

I got sick of those warranty calls on the company cell. Now I press 1 just to tell them to take me off the list. Not sure if it works but it makes me feel better.

Leo
  • John Mills_4
    John Mills_4 Member Posts: 43
    Equiguard

We run about 90% extended warranties, the majority through Equiguard, the rest through American Standard. I agree A-S is easier to work with but overall Equiguard isn't that bad. Pay has been a little slow but overall the benefits of them paying for repairs vs fighting with a pissed off customer paying hundreds for repair of a fairly new product.

We rarely deal in boilers but I can say that our forced air equipment sure is troublesome! Just yesterday afternoon I wrote up extended warranty claims on 3 TXVs!
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Maybe it's your Rep

Ar you comparing Equiguard to the home warranty companies?

Not even close, at least around here.

Great company to do business with. Never a problem. They pay in less than (2) weeks. Never been a hassle or question about anything submitted.

The Rep is always available for me and my customers.

Equiguard has a program through Lochinvar directly, as well as through their local reps. I chose to deal with them locally, because of how helpful the rep has been.

If you read through the coverage, you'll find it is a good deal for you as well as your customers. I offer it as a separate line item on all quotes, because no other competitor offers an extended warranty at all. Every customer has elected to go withthe warranty. They pay for yearly PM, all else is covered by Equiguard.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo

you have to press one, then the first thing they ask is the make and model, to which you reply you dont know which one because you own 12 starting with the new corvette , the wifes mercedes, the 2 harleys on and on. Then add that they have to know because your really concerned that the factory warranty is running out and thats the reason they called you. The idiot on the other end will simply reply I understand sir, make and model please. Try to keep them on as long as you can, remembering they dont get paid unless they sell. If that fails I go to my...have you heard the good news. LOL I actually converted one of these idiots to jehova witness. In these slow times its just a great way to entertain yourself.
  • Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 395
    Thats it

I was comparing them to home warranty companies. But if they are not like the home warranty companies I can deal with them. The customer being happy is the most important. Every time I think of dealing with a home warranty company I get angry. "well Mr. Hanson we only pay $50 per hour and no parts mark up".
  • I managed to get the

800 number of a particularly pesky one. Whenever I passed a pay phone I would call it and leave the phone off the hook. By not responding to the prompts, it would say stay on the line for the next agent. Yeah right, like I am going to wait.
This discussion has been closed.