Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Roth floor system

Gary_29
Gary_29 Member Posts: 3
Is this a good system when compared to Quiktrak? Is it quiet?

Comments

• John_238
    John_238 Member Posts: 4
    Viega Climate Panel

Viega climate Panel is the best. it has the most options and is very quite
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Rehau is the best!

• John_238

Why someone would want metal under a hardwood floor beats me (also) a higher build up)and who in there right mind would want more than 25 btu's in a residential application is asking for problems. can you say scorched floors and hot feet
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    The reason

is lower opperating temperatures.

• Raupanel, Warmboard, and Roth are all "the best" (and my standard blah blah about page 3 of that brochure being total junk applies).

to the other poster, as mark says low water temps are the reason, and under wood you can easily go up to 30 BTUs/sq ft... 40 under tile seems to work well too.
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    TY Rob

I do pay attention and need a trip to the RPA board.
  • John_238

show me 30BTU output on a product right under the hardwood floor thats has under 80 degree floor temp. and 40 btu on tile guess no one will be barefoot because they will burn there feet.

everyone seems to forget about floor temp when there worried about getting the most BTU output
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I've used it on three ceilings...

and it works FANTAASTIC.

Great product on ANY surface (wall, ceiling, floor)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• we design for an 85 degree floor surface max with wood, and 90 with tile, with reset of course. that's roughly 30 and 40 BTUs/sq ft max respectively.

no complaints yet. I guess if you are going to cripple your radiant systems with low output, your installation method won't matter much.
  • flooring

All of this depends on what you are using it for.

If yu need to insulate over a slab the Roth Panel works best.

If you are fastening hardwood down then you will want to use any system made of wood so it will hold the nails and not allow slipping or movement in the flooring.

Putting down carpet or thin finished wood? I suggest a wood system with subfloor.

Tile with concrete board.. take your pick.

Floating wood floor... tale your pick.

Bottom line is they all work. If I am not doing a poured floor then I prefer the Roth system over existing concrete slabs and the Watts Subray over insulated framed floors.

skw
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,830
    entire home with Roth

I glued and stapled the foam panels to the floor. Walnut hardwood flooring was fastened over it with long nails. Tile in the bathrooms with tile backerboard over the Roth.

It sure is easy to work with, cutting and custom grooving. I used the 3/8 tube side. The tube was a nice tight snap fit into the aluminum channel.

It did seem to have a little bit of soft feel to the floor, which is a nice feel. plus the r-value increase.

Be sure to use adhesive that is made for foam when you glue it down.

The wide staples used for staple up radiant worked great for fastening it down. Once the glue dried, no pulling it up!

hr

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.