Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ultra oil boiler

Options
billtwocase
billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
If you got the upgrade directly from Weil Mclain, it would have come with the upgraded gun assembly, hoses, and a blanket to help with reflection. 30 feet with a 5 foot lift is not a long run or a high lift. One pipe will work just fine. In that case all you are doing is creating higher vacuum, and filtering too much oil. Make sure you have all flare connections. What oil tank are you using? Is it a Roth that comes out of the top, or is it a steel bottom feed tank? Why not run the lines along the floor? Gravity where you can. If you called Weil with the correct model and serial #'s, you will have the correct gun for that burner. I don't think a tiger loop will help you in this case, not fuel supply related. Also AFT burner? Are you talking AFG? peace

Comments

• ron schmitt
    ron schmitt Member Posts: 3
    Options
    ultra 4 oil boiler

we installed above boiler and it worked fine for about 2 months then began kicking out on flame sensor, this would happen on start up and also when running even though the green light showed we had flame. we changed gun assembly to one with a glass on it so cad eye would see flame better, we went thru entire combustion anilizer again draft is right on as well as o2 (5.5%) co (11.5) chimney is 8 x 8 with a offset in it height is approximately 15', after replacing gun assembly unit worked fine for about 2 months then began kicking out on flame sensor on start up (did not sense flame) removed and cleaned had film on glass reinstalled and checked fuel pressure it had increased from 140psi to 150psi, i reset to 140psi and unit is now working fine for now, also we installed 2 stage pump on burner do to length of oil line run, owner has since rerouted lines to shorten run and we could reinstall single stage pump but have not. any ideas on resolving this or have any one else had this problem. thanks
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    What's

the ohm reading?Vacuum? You should strongly consider a Tigerloop.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • billtwocase_9
    billtwocase_9 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ultra oil

Do you have the NX burner? Those are running better at 175 PSI. Start with specs from Weil, also the blanket should have come with your upgrade. Use it. These are touchy units, and run better direct vent. Are you 2 pipe system? What's the lift and run? What is your breech draft with that 8 inch flue? probably way too high. Over fire draft?Also 2 stage pump does nothing more for you if one pipe system. Pump vacuum readings? peace
  • ron schmitt
    Options
    ultra oil

it is a 2 pipe system, we have about 30 feet of run and 5 foot of lift, we are using the aft burner. are upgrade did not come with any type of blanket what are you referring too. also some one else mentioned a tiger loop i have never heard of this. the overdraft was right at what weil mclain recommended
  • ron schmitt
    Options
    ultra oil

it is afg, tank is a top feed, oil lines were run under garage floor. i will check with weil about this blanket, reason we installed this gun assmb. is supplyer thought we would get better flame view for cad eye. thanks
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    double post, disregard

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    That's the wrong burner

for the Ultra-Oil. The proper burner is the NX, not the AFG. No wonder you're having trouble. You just found out that all oil burners are not created equal. Your supplier was wrong.

It's true that the early NX burners had issues with cad cell flame detection, but the later drawer assembly solves that problem. I put an NX on my own boiler last year and it has never missed a beat, of course it has the later drawer assembly.

Put the NX back on, make sure it has all the upgraded parts, then start with the manufacturer's currently recommended settings. I'd be willing to bet these have changed since that boiler was made. You could also try a higher pump pressure with a lower-rated nozzle, which would give better atomization (from the higher pressure) while maintaining the same firing rate (smaller nozzle to compensate for higher pressure).

If it keeps locking out, the problem may also be ignition-related, or the cad cell or primary is bad.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • TRO024
    TRO024 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    UO-4

I put the UO-4 in my house last year with the NX and it has never had a problem I install them all the tim with work go with the NX and you should be fine
This discussion has been closed.