Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Colorado guys? (Dan H.)

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
How about an update?
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Eric_6
    Eric_6 Member Posts: 25
    Hi-country Snow

Yes, the recent snow Leadville got (10") is gone already
    but the front range foothills had places receiving 48-56".
    It's going fast as Denver temps. will be near 80 degrees
    in the next couple of days. I'm sure Mark was happy to be stuck up north at his energy research station.

regards,

Eric
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    You guys

sure know how to do weather. It always makes me smile. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Metro Man
    Metro Man Member Posts: 220
    gone

Most all the snow is gone from the big D. I know the farmers out east are loving life again. Looked pretty grim there for a while. Some places in the foothills received over 3' in a day and a half from thursday and friday's storm. Even had some thunder with the snow. The storm came fast snowing around 3"/hr at times. Neighbor's tree (along with many ohters) fell over from the weight. Parts of Boulder and Denver lost power, I-70 closed in places, .... good time to stay home.

Looking outside now to clear skies... may hit 70 today. Sent what we had to all the easterners.

If you don't like the weather.... wait 5 minutes.

Metro Man
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Heavy snow

35 miles southwest of Denver we still have snow, but melting away fast; the creeks are rising. Some people were without electricity for 5 days. Me only 24 hours. Had to eat the Chunky Monkey because it got soft. Cheers!
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Wet and heavy(Widow maker)

Yes we had a big dump near the divide. We had to shovel snow off of a roof today to get a head start on a solar install. My potted tomatoes may be visiting the deck under supervision in July cause even then we get "freak" snow storms..
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Mid eighties today...

Even along the foothills, which REALLY got dumped on, this blizzard will be but a memory, until this weekend that is... Calling for rain/snow mix.

Today is Earth Day.

On May 3, 1978, I met then sitting President Carter at the dedication ceremony of the Solar Energy Research Lab, now known as National Renewable Energy Laboratories in Golden Colorado.

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• rich pickering
    rich pickering Member Posts: 277
    Still dealing with some snow piles!

I live on Green Mountain which is near the foothills. Got about three feet with a moisture content equivalent to five inches of water. Attached is a picture taken Sunday afternoon, the snow pile on the left is only about three feet high tonight. Maybe the hill I live on will actually live up to its name this year.
This discussion has been closed.