Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

zoned manifold with Eco

Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>Did you ever have a job where they promised you lots of space and then gave you a little corner to get everything done? Nah! Me neither. This job I had limited space and a 4000 sq ft radiant floor job to supply with enough flow. I used a zone valved manifold to supply 6 remote manifolds fed with 3/4 tubes. As the zone valves open and close you can watch the flow meter plungers go up and down and watch the Eco circulator adjust it's flow for any and all zones. I could sit and watch all day. Enough flow for all zones all with one curculator and 6 zone valves. The customer is using very little electricity and it works great. WW

Comments

• Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Circaholic

"Hi my name is Mark and I am a circaholic........."

NICE Wayne!

Thanks for choosing Wilo!

Mark H
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Not long ago

this job would have had 6 circulators. Talk aboot overkill eh? Now I say the prayer. Grant me the serenity to choose to use zone valves when I can, and circulators when I must, and the knowledge to know the difference when I should. :)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Mark

The Eco has become my standard circ on multi zone jobs. Sweet! WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

• Nice job wayne. we're doing the same thing with zone headers, using regular old distribution manifolds, except we're using primarily 1/2" and 5/8" feeds and 3/4" goes to copper (for the product line we're using).

Welcome to the world of low flow :D
  • Eric_6
    Eric_6 Member Posts: 25
    Stratos &TRV's

Nice job Wayne!
    We have a job we designed just about ready
    to be commissioned with 54 non-electric sensor heads with remote capillaries & TRV's and single Wilo Stratos plus a solar heating interface. Developer was totally committed to building this apartment tight, putting in radiant throughout. Design heat loss came out to around 16 btu/hr-sq.ft. I cringe to think how this may have been handled by local plumber with low bid. Stratos and ECO are things of beauty as I'm sure the Grundfos equivalents are.
    We are trying to get heating contractors converted as much as possible.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Mr Anderson !....(Eric)

has done a great job in promoting the Wilo Stratos and Ecos and is again one of the leaders in distributing and supporting "European LOW ENERGY consuming Products" on the US Market!

Ecos has become a standard stocked item on my trucks..

Just think.... Broken 007 Circ and no Pressure bypass = ECOS thats' a nobrainer...
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    NRT you using WILO?

When you design a system? Good move they are the best!
This discussion has been closed.