Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Are Buderus Logamtic controls worth the money?

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,799
what kind of heat fo you have. cheapie base board? cast iron rads?

I dig the control you're asking about with large mass radiation such as cast iron, and with radiant you'll be silly not to have it installed. Cheapie BB jobs I could take it or leave it....flip a coin

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=368&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• B.Drake
    B.Drake Member Posts: 3
    Are Buderus Logamtic controls worth the money?

Hi, I am in the process of getting estimates for a new oil fueld boiler. A company that works primarily with Burderus products is recommending I install an energy star rated G115/34 buderus 86.8% cast iron oil fired boiler. He is also recommending I install a Logamtic control to cut fuel consumption. Cost is aprox $1200.

I live about 140 miles north of NYC.My home is a three story brick building, about 120 years old and about 2900 square feet. This is all forign to me so forgive me if I forgot critical info.

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Bruce
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Absolutely!

You might want to look into tightening up that old house as well,you'll save even more and might be able to use a smaller boiler.NYSERDA has some weatherization programs available through local utilities
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • B.Drake

Hi, We had NYSERDA come in but because I rent out first floor as a store front office we did not quaify for there programs.

We have Radiators on the second and third story where I live, but baseboard on the first floor in the office space.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,799
    ok

then maybe it would be good. Ask the installer if they would kick in (maybe it's already included) the BFU sensor to operate your radiator zone (it takes the place of your regular t-stat). I can't blab on and on what to do next if the cast iron zone throws out more heat that the BB zone(s), your heating co can figure it out. I vote yes

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • logamatic

in my opinion no buderus boiler should be installed without a logamatic controll,,, this controll makes the boiler a cold start boiler on warm days, and maintains higher temps on cold days,,, is protects boiler from cold return water, it allows night time set back, it adjusts indirect tank water temp very easy, purges boiler water temp at the end of indirect cycle, it has warm weather shut down mode,,a bfu sensor hooks up to run main room on a constant circulation,, its easy to hook up and program,and has many more features,if your going the extra mile for top of the line boiler dont fall short of the finish line,,, just my thoughts,,, good luck thanks
  • Cam_2
    Cam_2 Member Posts: 36
    Question

If you lose power, do you have to reset/reprogram logomatic or does it have automatic reset?

Cam
  • M grallert
    M grallert Member Posts: 19

I really like the logamatic but you might consider asking about the Honeywell AQ2000 reset control. It will operate a number of zones without the addittion of a seperate control, like having room sensors in every zone. The price is right as well.
    Peace
    Matthew
  • Darin Cook_8
    Darin Cook_8 Member Posts: 31
    B Drake

What town do you live in?
  • B.Drake

Hi, I live in Athens which is between mile marker 113 and 123 on the NYS Thruway.
  • Darin Cook_9
    Darin Cook_9 Member Posts: 45
    B Drake

Yes, I know exactly where you are and what type of building you are speaking of. I grew up in Coxsackie. I would recommend that you get a quote from Bill Smith, owner of Bill's Plumbing 518-821-0273. N&S Supply in Catskill is a Buderus dealer, Call and ask for Rob Nussbickel (Manager) for a referral and/or information at 518-943-2150.

Good Luck,
    Darin
This discussion has been closed.