Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Progress pics - TT110 + Wilo ECO

Options
Eileen Olive
Eileen Olive Member Posts: 99
From what I can see, you used "standard" type check valves rather than flow-check valves--will this function the same with no unwanted side affects? With our TT-110 the techs told us to specifically use flow checks, so it caught my eye and had to inquire.

Comments

• Craig Benson_2
    Craig Benson_2 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Progress pics - TT110 + Wilo ECO

Here are a couple pics of my boiler project. Should get the zone valves on and the expansion/fill tonite. Need to run a couple more loops and feed the one remote manifold, gas drop, and wiring and maybe startup this weekend. Thanks for all your help and please let me know if I'm missing anything so far.
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Cool, did you remove the internal circ?
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Options
    Sweet!

Very clean install.

Kinda looks like the inside of Derheatmeisters trailer.

http://forums.invision.net/Attachment.cfm?Wetstock 2008 007s.JPG&CFApp=2&Attachment_ID=33387

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Motor Position

You may want to turn you motor. Nice job.

Dobber

• Jeremy_14
    Jeremy_14 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    not again

Nice job, your going in the right direction but... aluminum diamond plate is crack cocaine for hvac installers. My boss has suffered the affects from this addiction for several years. Is your system install about style or SUBSTANCE???
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Vac breaker

Do you have a vac. breaker or a T&P valve on the water heater? Is it code in your area?
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options

Internal circ is still in place and serves the DHW loop.
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options

Thanks for the tip, so I can just rotate the motor on the housing? That would look better for sure.
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options

Diamond plate was leftover from a couple trailer projects and I decided not to use it on my Land Cruiser build so it was just collecting dust in the shop. Pretty sure I wouldn't have paid for a sheet just for this project.
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options

There is a T&P on the aux connection. Still haven't got the tank finalized. Plan on a tempering valve and possibly flowcheck and expansion tank on the supply.
  • Cam_2
    Cam_2 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Love the install, great use of Wilo!!!

Except for the pex running to the indirect, it always looks better to keep it rigid until you are above the board and in the ceiling. Sweet pump!!!
  • Very nice job Craig,

However, you say "Internal circ is still in place and serves the DHW loop."
    As TT states this is for the CH side, won`t this arrangement screw-up any pre-wired DHW priority issues if you swap their intended piping scheme?

Dave
  • Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Awesome install Craig!

That looks GREAT!

Answer to your question, yes.....just spin the motor.

Thanks for posting this!!

Mark H
  • Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    Options
    Reversed the wires...

Dave, the DHW and CH are wired the opposite of normal.
  • Thanks UniR,

I kinda figured he would have to do that.

Dave
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options

Thanks - need to tidy up the tank plumbing, for now I am just getting it plumbed up for a leak test before I close in my bathroom walls.

Will probably sweat some hard lines into the tempering valve and make the transition to PEX a little higher. Also decided to run the boiler feed/fill with hard copper and not ugly up the uni-strut with PEX after all the work to get the 1" up there square.
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options

Nice job. The pex looks fine, everyone knows how much you save by using it, only a small sacrifice on the looks side. Single zone? Why not combine into one manifold?

• Craig Benson_2
    Options

The extra PEX stubouts are for another 3 loop manifold mounted about 25 feet away in a closet space under the basement stairway. The other extras are for ??? down the road. Towel warmers? Garage fan unit? I'm sure I forgot something...

The house is basically laid out in thirds so almost all of the tubing will dive down into the mechanical room just like the couple loops already in place. Might make for a warm closet above :o
  • Serge
    Serge Member Posts: 17
    Options
    No Primary Secondary?

Why no PS piping?
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options
    Why not?

Why not? I liked the simplicity of this design. Triangle Tube claims it's possible, Wilo says it's possible. I believe it's been done before so why not try it?

• Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    You are on the right path

Please e-mail me the pics!

Mark H
  • eluv8
    eluv8 Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Install Progress

Its coming along nicely, creative use of the factory pump and still being able to pipe without primary secondary with the TT110 and Wilo. I guess that's what you meant by creative wiring in the email. I was trying to figure that one out. First I have heard of somebody trying it.

If you are worried about overheating the closet area throw some rubatex or foam insulation around the piping and that will take care of that problem.
  • Eileen Olive
    Eileen Olive Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Why single

How about a double
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options
    Single or double what?

I'm not sure what you are asking...
  • eluv8
    eluv8 Member Posts: 174
    Options
    double check

He is probably referring to a double check with atmospheric vent to protect the heating water from being pushed back into the potable water through the make-up water line.
  • Craig Benson_2
    Options

Plan is to use an additional expansion tank and pressure reducer/backflow preventer to provide makeup water. There will be a ball valve on the fill tank that should be closed most of the time.

I was unaware of the need for spring loaded check valves, I guess I will see how the system performs and add a high temp limit switch if the DHW water creeps into the CH side.

Remember, I'm just a poor farmer trying to pump water around inside my house based on what I know about pumping a lot of water around the outside...
This discussion has been closed.