Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Remote Thermostats

Options
Shane_2
Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
I have a customer with a summer home who would like to turn up his heat before he arrives in the fall and spring. Also for AC in the summer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a phone or internet activated thermostat.

Thank You

Shane F

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=545&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    i don't know the details,

but my neighbor's weekend home has that phone capability, and just this afternoon, i was researching the internet/e a malfunction to computer installation. and we just submitted a quote for a customer's server room, as in, if the a/c fails, she'll get an e of notification. but all i can tell you right now is that it's based on a honeywell product + ?. we also have another customer's mechanical room netted to one of our laptops, and we get a notification when something's amiss; chiller shut down etc
  • Remote

The Honeywell VisionPro IAQ model stat with their telephone access module will give that capability. Talk to your HVAC pro, or check it out at www.customer.honeywell.com.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hey wolfe

i have that honeywell literature and i even called them, but i was told that it won't work for remote phone/ computer access, but that it's 'in the works down the road'
    what can you tell me?
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,542
    Options
    \"Auto dailer\"

I use a "Auto dailer" made by Controlled Products.

It is a Freeze Alarm that will call three phone numbers at:

Low temp/High temp/Power outages/Low battery.

You can also call into it and gain access to the current status, you also can make or break a contract which i use to interface with the Vitodens 200 to switch between occupied and unoccupied setpoints.

This " Autodailer" only has one relay,so you may have to make a switch for Summer/AC and Winter/Heat.

One other thing that i am not sure about nowadays is Innovex's Iworx which is a full interfaced system via the internet, it is nice. you may contact Taco on this since they acquired Iworx a couple months ago.

Good luck.. Richard
  • Remote

The telephone access module works with the VisionPro IAQ stat, and allows dialup mnitoring and communication via any cell or hardwired phone. It does not interface with computers. With the VPIAQ/telephone access module, you can remotely raise/lower setpoints, turn equipment on/off, and have the system call you or your hvac contractor if there's an alarm like low temperature. Two and four channel models were available.
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    Options

Thank You all for the info so far, I think I am looking at the Vision Pro IAQ with the W8735 Telephone Mod.

I am surprised no one is marketing an internet version.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • G.S.Burch
    G.S.Burch Member Posts: 2
    Options
    thermosatic mixing valve and tempering mixing valve

I first apologize for my "green-ness." I am a 4th year apprentice... I was to install a thermostatic m.v. and tempering m.v. Two different symbols and two different names, however I was told they were the same thing. I tried to do some research and could not find much of a difference. Could someone please point me in the right direction? And if they are different how do you handle that with your boss in a proper way?
  • jim dowling_2
    jim dowling_2 Member Posts: 15
    Options

check out crestron systems, internet capability.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    you posted this question

in the wrong place but; their end result is similar but they're not the same. one operates automatically/opens and closes on it's own by temp setting/an internal
    'thermostat', like a car radiator's stat. the other would require a temp gauge to let you see what temp it's mixing to as you manually adjust it

tell your boss that you're confused and would like him to help you understand the use of the different symbols when they're the same. if he doesn't know that they're different, find a new boss. unless you can be content to just install them and move on in your apprenticeship, and know that you just learned something about valves and bosses; whether broken or not, valves always understand what they're doing, but bosses don't always understand what they're doing, but they may know how to get it done
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    you got it bill

today, i found the complete literature and a tech at hwell to explain it. yth9421c1002, stat and module kit. w8735d1009, 2 channel phone access module, and 1017, 4 channel. and they do what you described, and have up to 6 programmable tele #s that they will call to alert to a problem. and net access is available through a few third partyers with other equipment, software and subscription svcs
  • J. WALTER BOOTH
    J. WALTER BOOTH Member Posts: 21
    Options
    PHONE -A-TEMP

BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS
    LOOK AT WWW.FREEZEALARM.COM
    MY SYSTEM HAS ONE T-STAT I LET THE COTTAGE GO COLD FOR 3 MONTHS AND THEN DIAL IN AND TURN THE HEAT ON ARRIVE SIX HOURS LATER WITH THE FAMILY AND ENJOY.
    THE UNIT WILL CALL ME IF THE POWER GOES OFF,TEMP TP HIGH OR LOW.
    I JUST FOUND THAT THEY ALSO HAVE A UNIT THAT WORKS ON A CEL PHONE SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR A LAND LINE.
    W
  • Undonaassesee
    Undonaassesee Member Posts: 10
    Options
    TN4

Tekmar has TN4-The entire HVAC system communicates plus you can access thermostats monitor systems from a web browser-
This discussion has been closed.