Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nevermind Santa, Hot Rods coming to town !

Rod Kotiga
Rod Kotiga Member Posts: 68
I moved out west 17 years ago from New Hampshire and the one thing I miss is quality seminars from quality people giving them. Hot Rod's giving one tomorrow on solar in Haily Idaho of all places ! Can't wait. Been wanting to jump into this for a while. Several years ago I traveled 4 hrs away to Salt Lake to go to one of Dan's classes. Well worth it. I still wouldn't mind taking some time off from my biz to get some on the job training to learn the do's and don'ts of solar. I 'll work for free ! :)

Rod

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    You're going to love it.

I saw him speak on solar at NAOHSM last year. He has so much anecdotal information, and so much hands-on experience. Great slides and so much fun to listen to. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

And thanks for the long drive, Rod. :-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Seminar

He just left town last week from doing a solar seminar. It was in Biddeford, Maine. Good info, some sale pitches, overall good time. His frequent flyer miles are stacking up.
  • Rod Kotiga

Biddeford Maine huh. I'll be on the lake for the second week in July up on Mooselookmeguntic.

Rod ( all the way over in Idaho )
  • ScottRW
    ScottRW Member Posts: 33
    Hot Rod

I wish I knew you were coming out here. I would have made plans to come to Haley. I live in Northern Idaho. Maybe next time.Sorry to miss the class.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,830
    I'm having

a great time on this Idaho, Wyoming, Utah trip. In Jackson last night, some of my old stomping grounds. My how things have grown.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    hr

HR, any chances of a seminar in the NY/Long Island area in the future?
  • hot_rod
    NY

I'll check with Rathe, our reps. They set up the dates and locations. Id like to get back that way soon, lots of interest in your area.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    ny

Great, keep us posted HR.
  • Rod Kotiga

Thanks Hot Rod for the Solar class in Hailey yesterday it was extremely informative. I urge all who are looking into Solar Systems to go to one of his classes. I'll tell you what,this guy moves right along and it was still easy to understand everything. It was good to put a face with the name. I hope I'm in that good of shape when I'm his age ! Now if I could just get a copy of that video of him doing an install...

Rod
  • hot_rod
    and a great group

to stand in front of. Great questions, lots or interaction and chatting into the evening. Thanks to all that gave me the opportunity to speak. You have a great area to sell and harvest solar.

We had an incrediable ride over to Boise, lots of wildlife along the way, and Brent our rep, and fanatic sportsman was a great "eagle eye" guide. 49,000 miles a year on his car traveling Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Y'know Hot Rod............

the West doesn't stop in Idaho. When are you coming out to California?
  • hot_rod
    high on my list, Alan

I started mt. biking again a few month back. I want to get in shape to go biking when I get out that way. I hope we can connect and ride. And of course talk solar.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • 10-4 on that!

We have some nice trails out here. Just let me know when you're coming.
  • Solar show in Buffalo

Hot Rod..Are you going to be in Buffalo in May?
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Caleffi Solar

just visited Wash DC. I got to see the video Bob made of installing a pre packed solar system. Very informative. It helps to see it done. If a picture is worth a thousand words. A video is worth about a million. It would be nice to have someone filter out the traffic noises in the background though. Sounds too much like my commute. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hot_rod
    those are Harleys!

making noise in the background. You are in Milwaukee in that video..
    Noise= power to many HD riders :) We filmed the week Harley was having a big "ride in" party and did the best we could to block out the background noise, trying to do an install in real time outside has some drawbacks, we did stop the shoot in the noisest of times.

Glad you got some info out of the DVD, I'd like to do it again and improve on it.

How about the way the photo-shopped the fall protection harnesses out of the film :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    There was some comments

on the absence of the harnesses. The speaker made some jokes. I bet OSHA would be less amused. :O

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.