Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

SuperSeal HVACR

Have you had any experience with this product?

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Super Seal

As of right now I do not have personal experience with the product but am familiar with it and have concerns regarding its effectiveness/method of operation/system effects.

For one, when I spoke with one of the the manufacturer's reps a while back at a trade show, I was told that the product remains a liquid (lubricant) until exposed to air. So, in operation, as long as the product remains in the system it will be in the liquid form. If a leak develops, the product will leak out of the system, react with the air and form a hard mass that will, in effect, seal the leak.

My concern with this is this. What happens if the system is to be opened for a repair? This will bring air intot he system and the product will "set-up" inside the system. What effects will this have on the system once it is put back into operation?

Another concern is the addition of a "foreign" substance into the system. How will this affect compressor warranties?

I am assuming that the product would be worth trying on an old system with no warranties and no other repair options are practical.

Maybe the manufacturer of the product will read this thread and enlighten us so we can all be better informed.

I do have the product on hand and, when our new lab at the college is ready, I might just run some tests on it and share our results with you all.

• ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    I agree!

Same here,

Have not used it, but after reading the instructions informed the customer against using it for the exact same reasons you did Eugene. All the leaks were repairable and were not hidden.

Use it on an old system that doesn't have any options but replace and the owners don't have the money! Then plan on replacing all lines and going completely new when the time arives and/or money arrives.

Don in MO
  • Great Stuff :-)

Just make sure to bill and give the customer the new gauge set, vac pump, recovery machine and any other tools you exposed to the system. Oh and please put the big warning label on the system so no other refrigeration tech has to explain to his boss why nothing he has works anymore. Enjoy and remember it's the message not the messenger.
This discussion has been closed.