Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett Heat Manager on a Buderus?

If all the Intellidyne does is expand the aquastat differential, then couldn't you accomplish the same result by setting the present aquastat for a greater differential?

This seems to be the method they use to decrease the rate of cycling, but it doesn't reduce the high limit setpoint as a function of heat load, which seems like a better method to reduce standby losses.

Comments

• Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

I've installed Buderus G115's w/ Tekmar outdoor resets and the Ecomatic controls. Has anyone tried a Beckett Heat manager on one yet? I know, you're probably saying, why bother? Well, I was at a Trio demo and they were touting the benefits of "indoor reset" over outdoor reset using a control similar to the Heat Manager. If someone wants to spend a little amount of money, is this a viable option?
  • kpc_73
    kpc_73 Member Posts: 26
    why not...

might try the intellidyne... it is a bit more sophisticated.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Only problem?

The Intellidyne is not indoor reset.It expands the aquastat differential only.It only delays firing the boiler,it doesn't stop the burner at a lower water temp.It's OK for what it does,but you'd be much better off with a logamatic with a BFU room sensor
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

Last year I installed a number of Intellidyne units.

They do what they advertise they will, save a minimum savings of 10- 15%.

We have one customer that had a boiler replaced with a Buderus and Intellidyne combo and has had a reduction of 48% in fuel usage!!

Quick question...

If a Logomatic, Tekmar, and Intellidyne all promote 10-15% savings(and they appear to do just that) why would you want to spend at least double or more for either the Tekmar or Logamatic over the Intellidyne.

If they all save 10-15%... I don't understand.

Doesn't make any sense to me, a 15% savings is a 15% saving.

Why would someone want to spend double or more to get the same result?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Why not?

Get all 3 and save 30 percent? Then throw on a Field OVD for another 2%!!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

Damn... why didn't I think of that!!! :-)

Just don't let the boss know... he's always asking why I don't squeeze more outta the customers.
  • Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

Does Webbs or RE Michel sell the intellidyne? Is there a part or model #? Thx
  • Mike C._4
    Mike C._4 Member Posts: 56
    Intellidyne function

I think you will find that the manager looks at the rate of heat going to the load. It actually learns when to fire the burner rather than just waiting for the low limit so it can anticipate and keep up with the load. I use mine on a cold start boiler.

Mike

• YES, AND IT WORKS GREAT

Stops the fall and spring burner short cycling!

Love the combo!

wheels
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    yeah it does work well

I have about 5 Heat Managers in the field now, and 4 of them are over 2 years old. So far I only had a service call on one of them, replaced under warranty.

I threw one on the boiler in my house and it actually did stop the short cycling......

Cosmo
This discussion has been closed.