Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

License renewals????????

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,799
Is there an easy way to renew plumbing and oil licenses? i understand we won't be getting renewal notices?

Thanks for any tips.

gary

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=368&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,337
    Hi Gary,

I know they are not notifying about a drivers license (there is an amendment in the state budget to change it back) but have not heard them not notifying about our licenses.

That would be major as it isn't just a notification, it's the entire renewal form and there isn't anywhere for us to go to do it.

Jack
  • GW
    ok

thanks for letting me know. I have my calendar set to remind me 30 days in advance to start looking to it. gw

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Renewals

What state? Are you in Mass. or N.Y.? If so, and they don't send out renewal notice, why put up with it? New England was the home of the original Tea Party. It's nothing more than Taxation without Notification.
  • GW
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    renewal

You must live and work in Mass Gary? You gotta pay attention to expiration dates now for sure. Apply before your birthday just to be safe. peace
  • Dan Sedens
    Dan Sedens Member Posts: 48
    MA licenses

just remember that all plumbing licenses expire 4/31/odd year. It does not matter when you recieved it it will always expire on 05/01/even year. Make sure you have all twelve hours of cont.ed. to apply. The penelties are brutal.

Hope everyone is well.
    Dan
  • GW
    How about oil?

Great, thanks, any idea how the oil cert is going?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • jackchips_2
    Gary,

The oil licenses are in the same category as our plumbing licenses. Unless they set up a place for us to go they'll have to mail out the renewal.

How else will they get their fees?

Jack
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Do they

Require you to take any continuing education/code update classes for license renewal?...Started that here in Va. last year. Might just be a south of the Mason-Dixon thing...
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Continuing Ed?

Do you need any continuing education hours to be eligible for renewal? In the State of WA, you need 16 hours to renew, and the renewal cycle is 2 years.

• jackchips_2
    Ma license renewal:

(1) General Continuing Education Provisions.

(a) Effective for all licenses expiring on or after April 30, 2010, Commonwealth of Massachusetts licensed plumbers and gasfitters shall during every two year license cycle complete a course of continuing education which shall consist of the following:

1. 12-clock hours of continuing education per renewal cycle for plumbers; provided, however, that no more than six hours may be completed within any 12 month period of the renewal cycle; and

2. six-clock hours of continuing education per renewal cycle for gasfitters and undiluted liquefied petroleum gas installers; provided, however, that no more than three hours may be completed within any 12 month period of the renewal cycle.
This discussion has been closed.