Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

check out these pics

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
Just kidding :-)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Billy March_2
    Billy March_2 Member Posts: 57
    Where is all the water

So the Priest asks me "Bill-- where is all the water going." After a little detective work I told him I'm not exactly sure, but I have a pretty good idea after feeling the bathroom floor.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    leak

Looks like you had a full April Fools Day Bill. peace
  • kpc_73
    kpc_73 Member Posts: 26
    how did...

you repair it?
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    heck, you could save it

what are you going to replace that mess with?
  • Radiator Ranger
    Radiator Ranger Member Posts: 81
    Ooohhhh

Looks like the only way outta this is workin through it... Sometimes working through it is the easiest way to get through it...a good shovel, some new pipe and all is well - hopefully. Good picts. - and a good day for it too.

Gwen Healy

• Radiator Ranger
    Radiator Ranger Member Posts: 81
    Ooohhhh

Looks like the only way outta this is workin through it... Sometimes working through it is the easiest way to get through it...a good shovel, some new pipe and all is well - hopefully. Good picts. - and a good day for it too.

Gwen Healy

• Billy March_2

schedule 80 pipe and x-heavy fittings......found more problems today!!!!!!
  • Billy...

Please take this as educational criticism.

I hope you don't plan on leaving the dielectric union in there, especially if it is underground. I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to have a union in an inaccessible place, i.e. in or under a slab.

My experience with them has been that they create more problems (internal close off due to corrosion) then they avoid. If the joint is underground, I would recommend the use of a yellow brass coupling to make the transition between the black and the copper. The yellow brass is neutral to both copper and steel.

You don't want to make more problems for the next poor soul in there doing jack hammer surgery...

Keep up the good work. Looks like you may be at it for a while on that project...

ME
  • Ted_4
    Ted_4 Member Posts: 92
    I know there's something this reminds me of

Oh, yeah: my old F-150 plow horse
  • Billy March_2
    thatnks for the advice Mark

I'm presently working with a guy who believes that dielectric couplings are the greatest invention since slice bread. I myself would NEVER use a dielectric coupling or union on anything ......BUT I'm not the boss.

I didn't know that a yellow brass fitting would work between two dissimilar metals. Man I love the wall.......... you can learn something new everyday. Thank you Dan.
This discussion has been closed.