Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Caleffi Idronics Cover Drawing January 2008 #3

bigugh_4
bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
http://assuredautomation.com/31D/index.php

Comments

• Ranger
    Ranger Member Posts: 210
    Solar/Continuous arrangement

Good morning everyone. On the cover there is a system drawing of solar/continuous water heating arrangement. I am trying to find a three-way valve that is rated for potable water use as drawn. I was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions?
    Ranger
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Not rated?

Is the Caleffi not rated as per CA standards?(lead)?

I do NOT know if Honeywell is rated but i have seen them in some older systems!

By the way: I do not see a explanation of the cover page and it's is kind of up in the air if this Domestic tank is used for a "Buffer tank" in a space heating application OR: A Domestic water heating application, but the Anti scald valve Kind of gives it away???

One more drawing i do not understand is Figure # 30 on page 28 of the January 2008 :Why the Low loss header(Hydro separator) between the boiler and the Indirect waterheater?
    Dan Gretsch from SolarHOt had this figure/ Drawing in a Presentation last week that he put on for Coseia ,After asking him why, he did not know the answer to this!
    does anyone know?
    Siggy does do a nice job :)
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Not rated!

bigugh,These Valves look nice but they are not "rated" as per Russ from Assured Automation...
  • Ranger
    Ranger Member Posts: 210

I'm here in Dirty Jerzey. Want to use "Solar in a Box" with a Rinnai. Have not found a 3-Way valve for domestic use yet.
  • Mark Olson
    Mark Olson Member Posts: 5
    Hydraulic Separator in idronics #3 figure 30

Good question.

It should be first pointed out that the hot water is given priority so there is no issue with the IHW not receiving the maximum temp from the solar or boiler heat sources.

Also, the HydroSep is serving to separate air and dirt in this set up. The IHW being on the secondary side maximizes the amount of flow going through the HydroSep and thus increases the amount of dirt and air sep versus IHW being piped onto the primary side.

If a separate air and drt elimnator were installed, the hydrosep could be omitted and closely spaced tees used to perform primary/secondary.

Hope this helps some.
This discussion has been closed.