Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

36\" duct underground

Big Will
Big Will Member Posts: 395
The mech room is below grade and the owner wants zero visible vents around the house. So five 36" ducts come from the side of the creek on the property and run to the basement below grade. They go through two generator rooms and the three chillers and on to the opposite basement wall and run to the street at the edge of the property were they come out in a masonry wall along the road. I have used the PVC underground duct but nothing like this. HDPE pipe was suggested.

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Spundstrand duct is the standard of the industrie for this

type of product. Insulated, water tight, $$$$$ Tim
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

3 foot ducts for what? I am confused.
  • Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 395
    asthetics

The customer wants all equipment in the basement. Hear no evil see no evil. They run below grade to the foundation walls for the basement go through two generator rooms and three chiller condensors.
  • Larry C_13
    Larry C_13 Member Posts: 94
    But still what is the purpose of the tubes?

Is this used for combustion air, or equipment cooling, rodent entry, sleeve for chimmney, emergency exit, or what.

Larry C
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    Service entrance

I bet it is so the service tech has access. "Go ahead and climb through that there tunnel. We don't want you mess'n up our livin space" All right now I don't have to take my boots off. "Just punch the clock when ya get in the boiler room. I ain't payin you no time for the tunnel crawl, that is on you. " Sorry I digress! It's Friday! Just havin a little fun.
  • mike parnell
    mike parnell Member Posts: 42

just wait till the creek rises and 5 36" diameter ducts bring the flood waters into the room washing you and everthing else out to the street,bring boots,scuba gear in the spring time............mike
  • two generator rooms and the three chillers - house?!

as in, bunker?
This discussion has been closed.