Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Legalett Radiant Systems

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,113
i have had to trouble shoot a system of simalar design early this winter ,it was of homemade design and i would gather it was based off a design the original archatech had come up with it's responce time was terrible and i guess when designed oil was like 20 cents a gallon so it did not cost much to heat but as time went on between critters and surrounding water table and more homes being built ,roads and less open land to drain rain waters it ended up costing a small fortune to heat the slab enough to make the home comfortable .they where using standard oil hot air furnace and they cycled on limit ,i believe ther a waste of fuel and energy and really don't offer the same comfort of wet radiant systems clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• I know,

most of us are hydronic/radiant contractors,, however what (if any) thoughts do you have on these systems?

Dave
  • Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    No Basement

You do know that you cannot have a basement with this system. This system promises to save you money on the installation but it looks like it is more expensive to operate.
This discussion has been closed.