Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solar thermal design software

Mars_3
Mars_3 Member Posts: 65
Thanks I have ret screen got that yesterday, did not see what I was needing, F chart seems to be the standard but was looking for somthing at a better price point. Its a tough call there is so much out there but what is worth the money?

Comments

• Mars_3
    Mars_3 Member Posts: 65
    Solar thermal design software

What program are you gentleman using to size solar thermal systems? I have found a number out there but am looking for somethig solid that will give me vac tube and flat plate comparisions. I have seen Tsol"Valintine" and a few others but whats your experience. Thanks Mars.
  • Andrew Hagen_2
    Andrew Hagen_2 Member Posts: 236
    F Chart

F-Chart

The interface is pretty basic, but once you get used to it, it's quick and straightforward.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573

Tsol is my prev. not sure if ret screen by the Canadian Government. has that capacity ?
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573

Tsol is my prev.

Not sure if Ret screen by the Canadian Gov. will support this ?
  • Ron Huber_2
    Ron Huber_2 Member Posts: 127
    Polysun

By Vela Solaris, has a light version, professional version, and the design version. Heliodyne sells the light version that will do dhw and heat, the Polysun professional and designer are right from Vela Solaris website and will do dhw, heat, pools, PV. The light version will also give you a PDF report to send to a customer with the results in text and bar graphs. The advanced versions will do that and a lot more, has just about every collector manufacturer worldwide that you can plug into the equations. I started with the light version, and within a few weeks got the professional version $$$, but if you are doing more than DHW it is worth it.
This discussion has been closed.