Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EOS Solar Evac Tubes.

Ross_7
Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
I don't think that these guys are one of those "wildcat" companies from the '70's ( as Hot Rod would put it). They are based in Maine. I thought maybe some of you East Coast Folks had heard of them.

Comments

• Ross_7
    EOS Solar Evac Tubes

Hi All,

Has anyone used this company's products? First Supply handles them & I was wondering what kind of experiences anyone has with the products & the company. Thanks in advance.
    Ross
  • Mike C._4
    Mike C._4 Member Posts: 56
    EOS products

I haven't used their stuff yet but I did take a solar install certification course which was taught by the engineer/designer. They seem to have good credibility. A few interesting products. Some features are well thought out. I would use their products on an install. I don't know about the support side but I had the impression it was fine.

Mike
  • Darin Cook_9
    Darin Cook_9 Member Posts: 45
    EOS

I believe that they are Chinese in orgin. They only offer the collectors. You have to build the system yourself. I personally prefer a pre-engineered system such as Buderus. EOS advocates in their training using Watts Radiant Onix for their linesets which makes me a little nervous.

I had to call 4 times last year over a four week period to get a response out of them. By the time they responded the project that I was bidding had slipped by. Not very impressive in my book.

Darin
  • Ross_7

Thanks for the head's up, Darin. Not having good support is a black eye for a company.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,830
    the training I attended

the presenter took a 12" Cresent (adjustable wrench) and pounded away on the header to show it's durability.

I'd been more impressed it he would have pounded, even tapped on, the glass tube with said wrench :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Andrew Hagen_2
    Andrew Hagen_2 Member Posts: 236
    Demolition vs Demonstration

I have a distant cousin who once beat on the fuel tank of his Harley with a ball peen hammer to prove that they were junk. Didn't particularly impress me either.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    I went to a class

put on by the local rep. They looked similar to Apricus, which I installed on my house. :) The teacher of the class seemed pretty smart. I hesitate about the idea using Onix on Solar too, but boy it would be easy to run eh? WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • M grallert
    M grallert Member Posts: 19

I have used these collectors a few times, on my house for one. They do work and they were responsive to my calls,and they are priced well. With so many evac tubes out there it can be hard to settle on one. They are carried by F.W.Webb here and that was a factor in my choosing. Peace
This discussion has been closed.