Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat loss Doesnt Match Heat Load Update

Just wanted to thank you guys for all your input. I sat down with the customers the other day and they have decided to have installed a cast iron non-condesing boiler due to the cost. I sat down with them for over an hour to educate on the cost savings of condensing boilers (I proposed a TT Solo) but I couldnt get them to bite. I have been getting that from most of our customers, maybe its me.
Its frustrating though. Either way we got the work which I huess is the most important thing right now.

Comments

• scrook_3
    scrook_3 Member Posts: 64
    if...

they don't have the extra cash... but it's a shame all the same.
  • Paul MacDougall
    Paul MacDougall Member Posts: 36

Went with a Burnham SCG, good boiler, preety much what everyone puts in now a days. They understand the concept of condensing boiler very well and appreciated the little classroom session I gave them, its what got me the work, but the money just isnt there to cover the upfront cost.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Mac, have you put it in yet, did you discuss with them that the

$1500.00 tax credit pretty much washes out the difference. Make yourself aware of the energy credits as they will makeup the difference. Tim
  • Paul MacDougall
    Paul MacDougall Member Posts: 36

I was only aware of the rebate offers in my area. What tax credits can they take advantage of??
  • Joannie_15
    Joannie_15 Member Posts: 115
    Tax Credt

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 signed into law on February 17, 2009. Includes Energy Conservation Incentives for homeowners who invest in energy efficiency equipment upgrades. Tax credits available to homeowners include hot water boilers with efficiencies equal to or greater than 90% AFUE placed into service in the taxpayer’s principle home from January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010.
  • don_205
    don_205 Member Posts: 66
    Check with

Check with the gas company as well.In my area you could even get the customer a 500 dollar rebate check issue to them from the gas company.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Your customer will be pleasantly surprised that they can have a

Prestige and eat their cake too. :)
This discussion has been closed.