Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

t/stat control for vitodens200

Dick Carlson
Dick Carlson Member Posts: 13
We have Customer with a Vitodens 200. First time I have seen one, they don't sale many in SLC, UT. He's controling it with WWSD and 2 heat curves which he knows how to set. He would like it hooked to a T/stat because of solar gain. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Vitodens 200 stat

You can't hook up a conventional thermostat to a Vitodens 200. Viessmann does offer 2 controls you would mount in the living space. The controls are called an RS or WS control. The RS gives feedback to the boiler from the living space. Boiler operation,operating curve and water temperature are shifted automatically. You would need a 16-3 thermostat wire for proper connection and operation. Good Luck, Gary
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Parallel Shift

The heating curve has a subfunction called "parallel shift" that allows adjustment for solar gain. It can often solve the problem. Read the directions in the manuals carefully before changing the shift. We've also moved the outdoor sensor to the exposed side in several cases and use thermostat/telestats on the radiant manifold, when the owner wants to zone a room(s.

Regular thermostats cannot be added to the Vitodens integral control.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dick Carlson
    Dick Carlson Member Posts: 13

Thanks to both of you. I hadn't though about moving the OD sensor to the sunny side, I'll give him the option of that or th RS.
This discussion has been closed.