Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wetstock 2008 One Year Anniversary is today

The Wire Nut
The Wire Nut Member Posts: 422
Not drunk, just loud and obnoxious like one!
"Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA

Comments

• rich pickering
    rich pickering Member Posts: 277
    Denver Wetstock One Year Anniversary! Share your Memories!

I once heard a radio talk show host talking about memories and preserving them. He said that whenever you had a great experience, always take a souvenir back with you. This way you can always look at it and bring back those memories and re-live the experience. Nearly every morning for the past year I go into my computer room and see the hot pink "Welcome to Wetstock" sign Dan and Marianne made for the Denver event (it's hard to miss). There were so many great memories surrounding the event I can't even begin to list them all. So many friends, both new and old ones, so many beverages including the Dam Beer from Der Heatmiester, all this comes back when I look at this sign. All this and at the end of the event about $15,000.00 was raised for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure fund. If you were at the Wetstock in Denver, could you share a memory, a good story or some photos? Maybe even make a donation to the Susan G. Comen for the Cure Fund.
    Happy Easter!
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    metting

so mamy friends and making new ones. What a great time!
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    too early in the morning to spell

meeting not metting lol
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 422

It's scary how fast time flies, especially after 50! I was reminiscing in my head (memoriscing?)about hanging out with some of the nicest folks in the business. And getting to put faces to names.

Mark winning the Carlson-Holohan award (I think he had a post about that recently?) was a wonderful moment.

And I'm proud to say that I helped raise some of that $15K by doing my "gentle New York style" ticket selling! When it's for a good cause and great people, I don't mind making an annoying **** of myself! And I don't have a hangover in the morning!

Can't wait for the next one!
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    I loved

being with you all, and that feeling we all had that we were doing something good. Hell of a day. Thanks, Tim.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Beside making a few cajillion friends....

Here's what I came away with :-)

Thanks to everyone for the memories.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 723
    I wasn't there, but

I was at the Minneapolis Wetstock and the memories are every bit as good.

I remember seeing several well known names and meeting a good number of them too.

The tables were set up with all the different topics. Jerry Scharf was holding court on the finer points of hydronic engineering. Tim Doran was mesmerizing many with not only radiant heat but some really cool (no pun) stuff about radiant cooling. I was amazed. I believe Hot Rod was showing off some amazing art in the way of a mini bike powered by a particular green circulator and talking about solar this and that. Alex was there with cool electrical connectors and new baby bleary eyes. And then there was the table where Ken Secor was holding court on all things Flat Rate or Time and Materials. John Hall was there for the press, and Mr. Bean helped Dan present the Carlson-Holohan Award. I remember seeing Jerry and Ruthe but didn't get to spend any time with or meet them. My loss.

I met lots of great people who didn't seem to mind that I'm with the Gov't. and all in all was one of the best days ever.

I appreciate the experience so much. Thanks Dan.

Larry
  • Baltimore

Sounds great to me!
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    It was a GREAT informational bash

Good thing it wasn't this year as I would not have made it with all the floods and snow between Fargo and Denver. That Alex "the Wire Nut" sure can use the "New York Twist" to aid a great cause! My MaryAnne still gets asked where she got that bright pink "Hooter Shirt".
    BTW Dan The Lost Art Companion has come in handy many times since and will actually be used again tomorrow! Great Memories
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,399
    you drunk alex????? now THAT.....

I would pay to see....I"ll buy all your drinks...mad dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.