Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Watts RBFF

Billy March_2
Billy March_2 Member Posts: 57
And I just wanna give a shout out to erhardja@watts.com. Thank you. I think all of you who are waiting for this valve will not be disappointed. It appears to be very well made and I am looking forward to installing it on my next boiler.

Comments

• JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    me too

I also received mine today. I think it's an excellent design and look forward to installing it also. I will try to remember to post a picture of it in the first install.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Me Three!

Thanks, looks cool. I had a little trouble turning the handle until I realized it has to be pushed in. I will be installing it shortly.

Thanks, Jim.

Devan

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mine`s on its way

and got a little further to travel(cross-border stuff), but "The Jim" will always come through.
    Can`t wait to show this-off at my supplier. :-)

Dave
  • maine rick
    maine rick Member Posts: 107
    got mine also

a let my suplly house have it for a few days they as well as i like it can't wait to use it on an install.
  • John@Reliable_19
    John@Reliable_19 Member Posts: 4
    WoW , nice looking valve set-up.....................

Thank you Jim,
    UPS came today with the valve, very impressed with it so far.
    Might have to use this on my own system first. Thanks again, John@Reliable
  • Got mine too!

This is quite an impressive item, should sell well.
    Thanks again Jim!

Dave
  • Jim Erhardt_3
    Jim Erhardt_3 Member Posts: 80
    Thanks to all...

...for your interest and for giving the RBFF a try!

The valve will begin shipping in about 30 days, at which point they should start showing up on wholesaler shelves.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please be sure to contact me at erhardja@watts.com
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    Watts

Thanx Jim: I think it is a nice design. My first impression was-Why would I need this? Then I noticed all the dead expansion tanks we have filling the dumpster. I think this is great. I hope it isn't too pricey. It will make for a nice clean install. I'll keep my eyes open at the supply house.
  • JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    i also lijke

I also like the ability to dial in my desired pressure without the extra valve and guage I usually install.

• Just a minor question Jim,

why, beside the guage tapping is 1/2 raise-lettered when its obviously 1/4"? (Misprint?)
    The box tells us where its made, perhaps this is why steel fittings are such a prob now?
    If its the same machinist, I hope he`s fired soon! ;-)

Dave
  • Jim Erhardt_3
    The 1/2 inch marking...

..is going to be moved in the next production run. The misplaced marking refers to the system, fill and expansion tank ports, which are obviously 1/2 inch.
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Got mine yesterday...

..and just took it out of the box.

What a fabulous idea!!!!! I love it!!!!

Thanks, Jim!
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

i just got mine today. It looks like a great product, can't wait to try it out. Thanks again Jim.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T ! !

Great product Doc, thanks for the sample.

As a potential additional feature, if I may suggest, the one port that is plugged off in the cross, could be used to incorporate a Low Pressure Cut Off into the device. You'll lose pressure BEFORE you go into a low water condition. That, or if that is not feasible, simply place a brass tee on the 1/4" tap[ing for the pressure gage and incorporate the LPCO there.

Great idea. Thanks for the opportunity to test it at Hydronicahh...

ME

• Jim Erhardt_3
    Good idea!

Mark, thanks for your suggestion about a low pressure cutoff. I will do some investigation and see what we can come up with.

BTW, the plug by the ball valve is actually a 4th seat for the ball. We tried a design with just 3 seats but it did not work out.
This discussion has been closed.