Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any reports on IBC condensing boilers? Tim

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
Quite similar to the Prestige boiler heat x design, just fishin a little to hear reports. Thanks all. Tim

Comments

• AZ
    AZ Member Posts: 7
    IBC = My New Best Friend

Not too sure how much you know about the IBC boiler, and I will be the first to tell you that I don't know everything. However, I recently installed my first IBC boiler about two weeks ago.

WOW!

Very simple piping to and from boiler. Smooth efficient operation (I ran three separate heating loads with their smaller boiler 1)In-floor heat 2)Fancoil 3)DHW). The best part about this boiler is the on board controls. I have been a heavy supporter of viessmann over the years, but as my subject says, I may be a changed plumber!

I would easily say that because of the board, I was able to cut my overhead by nearly half as I only needed to contract out the high voltage wiring. And, I was able to look after all three loads without the need for any separate controls (sorry tekmar!). Very simple point to point wiring. Their wiring panel is very simple. Their LCD display is really helpful. No three digit codes, rather plain english that even a redneck like me can understand.

Try their 15/150. You will be blown away by their turndown ratio and the load sequencing. I'll quite now before I start rambling. Feel free to email if you have any more questions. I'd like to hear of anyone else's experience as well.
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    I agree -

I offered two condensing boilers while in business, the Viessmann vitodens (still number one in my estimation) and the IBC. Two separate price points - both with very friendly interfaces. Last job with an IBC was an apartment on NG, high in the Canadian Rocky Mountains - realised 33% gas savings during the harsh of winter. Down side if any - must be set up very carefully with accurate manometers and analyser when setting up on propane - other than that - a dream to pipe and serious challenger to Viessmann.
This discussion has been closed.