Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

solutions for cleaning Vitodens inner coil (Leo G)

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
I wanted to make one very similar to this,then found that this is available: it is kinda like a dishwasher!

http://www.sks-sotin.de/sotin-gb/Katalog/Heizkesselreiniger-Index.htm

Check the **** 1 kit

I am still going to make my own very soon. it shall not be that hard to make, i will use CLR or "Citrus clean" in conjunction with the high pressure and "Walk away" from it to hopefully come back to a clean exchanger.
Are you on LP gas or Nat gas?

Good Luck. Richard

Comments

• leo g_13
    leo g_13 Member Posts: 435
    the crud was built

up like I have never seen it before. Spent over an hour with the credit card scrapping and still have not got the machine to where I like it, though it does drain better now. You guys have any solutions that you use for cases like this? I am thinking maybe plug the condensate drain and fill the lower heat exchanger with some type of solution and let it sit for an hour or so to dissolve this crud. You have to understand that here in vancouver, we get A LOT of precipitate from our NG! Am thinking that I ay have to institute bi-annual cleaning programmes. that should make y customers very happy! LOL!!!

Leo G
  • Steve Gates_4
    Steve Gates_4 Member Posts: 9
    cleaning

I use CLR and a nylon brush. Spray and let set as needed. Credit card don't swipe to good after these.

• Steve M_2
    Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
    rydlyme

I haven't cleaned a Vitoden exchanger but have done plenty of Giannoni exchangers and CLR didn't work all that great. Rydlyme works really well and saves scrubbing time, works great on steam humidifies too!
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Van BC?

then phone DB Perks in north Van and ask for citrisurf. I would take out the complete exchanger and soak it in a poly tub for a day or two. DB is a pool equipment supplier and the citrisurf is approved by Viessmann.
  • Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Aproved cleaning solutions

are Antox- hard to find in the US, or I have used Citrisurf #3050 for years, fairly easy to find. Mix it about 12-1, maybe a little stonger for large buildups. Contact Stellar Solutions in Chicago for direct sales. I buy it in 5 gallon pails, for a small upcharge you can get single gallons.
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    CC

ask the male HO for the wifes credit cards and go to town we get 250$ for the cleaning pluss 100$ for each card we destroy!!! never seen a guy write a 1600$ check for a cleaning with such a big smile on his face!!!!
This discussion has been closed.