Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CYCLOTHERM

dan_64
dan_64 Member Posts: 10
i agree the cyclotherm boiler i have worked on was very well built. i was pretty impressed as you say you get what you pay for.i went to website and the cyclotherms are still being built in watertown ny that is with in 60 miles from me.i plan on contacting them for a large job i have coming up.thanks

Comments

• dan_64
    CYCLOTHERM

was just wondering if anyone here has ever worked on / installed cyclotherm boilers.ive worked on one up here in upstate ny they seem to be a very well built boiler not sure if they are still available.thanks this on was a gas/oil not sure of the h.p.
  • Vernon P. James_2
    Vernon P. James_2 Member Posts: 33
    Cyclotherms

Dan

I have worked on many of them. They are a very good workhorse boiler. They were very efficent at the time I worked on them and very simple design in the 83-85% range on all models. I don't think the design and the cylonic fire operation have changed since they were first made during wwII.I am sure they are probably even better now with modulation burners. With the proper boiler care they will last a long time. There used to be a distributor here and there were Cyclotherms in almost every commercial building for miles. The man died and so did his business. Now very few remain.
    Their main business was for the Navy and other ships for stema boilers. The original factory used to be in Oswego, NY next to the river. They went defunct around the early 80's and a company in Watertown, NY bought them out. They still make them there and provide parts. Their web site is www.cyclotherm.com. The last heavy boilers I did replacements for varied from 30 -100 Hp. I got prices from them and prices from my Burnham distributor in Troy. I was able to buy the Burnham and install it with good profit for about the same as what the Cyclotherm was going to cost me. As usual you get what you pay for and I would say the Burnham was built for a 20 yr life and the cyclotherm more for 40 yr.
  • Vernon P. James_2

Dan
    Where are you located? Gotta be close to me here in Saranac Lake or south of Watertown. I lived in Fulton and worked in Oswego at Alcan Aluminum slugging wrenches for almost 5 yrs after college.
  • dan_64
    saranac lake

im in rome ny right now but i am moving to carthage in a month or so thats about 30 miles from watertown.i was actually born in saranac lake but only lived there a short time.i still have family there last name voudrens and pickerans.
  • Vernon P. James_2
    Name

What is your last name? & I know several Voudrens and Pickreigns. Small world
  • dan_64

• Vernon P. James_2
    know

Know allthe pickreign's. Ken Jr was just behind me in school and Sue was just ahead of me. Ken Sr. lives about 1 mile away from me. I am about 1/2 mile from the hospital out of town. i do remeber the walsh cigar store but didn't know any of them. I am now a 1 man plumbing & heating shop. Been doing this 20 years as of March 1. Like I said small world
  • dan_64
    yes small world

and saranac lake is a real nice area as i remember.like i said my grandfathers side of the family grew up there.my aunt is the only relative i know that still lives there.and who knew cyclotherm was so close.good luck to you.
  • dan_64
    i

i mostly do refrigeration but have some heating knowledge.i will be joining my cousin in watertown area and be doing commercial refrigeration.i know we go as far as masena, potsdam to work at p&c.
This discussion has been closed.