Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for zone valve.

Patrick_39
Patrick_39 Member Posts: 1
I have a non working zone valve. My repair guy says it is not made anymore, but the repair would be much cheaper if I could find one because he could leave the old body in place. It is a White Rodgers type 13516103. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks.

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    REPLACE UNIT

CHANGE IT . IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL & YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO NOT.
  • Jim_47
    Jim_47 Member Posts: 244
    WR zone valves

I have a customer with a 20 unit bldg. After messing with a couple of them I just change it now. Try to schedule the system down for a couple at a time.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Are you sure it is not a 1361-103 or 1351-103

Thats what i think it is. We have worked on these for 30+ yrs. To be honest, they are one of the most reliable made. The wiring schematics on there 3 wire zone valves are a joke when doing multiples, will screw up the most competent mechanic but they do work. Tim
    PS, the cost of a new operator is quite high, you may be as well off just putting new zone valve in. Make sure he uses a high CV rated valve as these were close to the highest CV rated for residential zone valves and you could have flow problems on this zone when other zones on if the others are the White Rodgers also. Good luck.
  • billtwocase_5
    billtwocase_5 Member Posts: 1
    w/r zone valve

I have some, but still have a customer with them, so can't part with them. Sid Harvey could more than likely get it for you if upgrading is not in the cards. peace
  • john_237
    john_237 Member Posts: 3
    pump not shutting off

I have a zone valve that failed. Is this making my pump not shut off?
  • billtwocase_6
    billtwocase_6 Member Posts: 3
    zove valve

It will make the circulator run if the end switch is making contact. What type do you have?
  • john_237
    pump not shutting off

The zone valve is a Honeywell.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    zone valve

The 2 top wires, furthest from the piping, are the end switch wires on those. Try to disconnect 1 of the wires. If the pump drops out, than the end switch is no good. Replace the power head. Is this a 1 zone house? If it is, and disconnecting the wire doesn't do it, then the circ relay could be welded, if not, than you have another zone valve causing this. keep us posted. peace
  • john_237

There are 5 zone valves. Two are not working, they are stuck in a partially open position with the thermostats disconnected.Should the spring return the valve to a fully closed position if the acuator motor is bad? If so it would this indicate a mechanical problem in the valves?
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    zone valve

John, sounds like the base/ball assembly is frozen in that position? Does this have glycol in the system? It can happen over time with water, but more the so with antifreeze. They are repairable. Best to have them fixed by someone who can. You don't need to replace the whole valve. It will cost less to repair. The actuator motor can also stick and not allow the valve to close. The easiest valve to troubleshoot and repair. Good luck. peace
  • Nick W
    Nick W Member Posts: 200
    White Rodgers Zone-A-Flow valves

The 1311 (3-wire) and 1361 (2-wire) valves in 3/4", 1" and 1-1/4" are still in the White Rodgers catalog:

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/common/ptech/hydronic/info_list_zone.htm
  • dan holmes_4
    dan holmes_4 Member Posts: 4

I have some 3 wire heads but you can replace it with a two wire head and they are still avalable.
This discussion has been closed.