Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low loss header

Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
please explain to me the advantage of a low loss header? Why is it mo better than a set of closely spaced tees. Thanks

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,143
    hydro seperators

Wayne from my stand point it saves alot of space being that you don't need to have some distance before and after your closely spaced tee for me that saves space,i used one for my own home and it has seemed to work excellent saved me alot of space abd made the rest of my piping much easier being that it also acted as my air elimator and point of no pressure if i had to do it again i think i would have went with a small 30 gallon boiler buddy which would have given me a little buffer also only down fall of the boiler buddy is that it would be nice if it had a well tapping for a sensor in the center of the tank aside from that it has 4 tappings and where i have used them besides a buffer it also acted as a hydro seperator and air elimator ,but back to the low lose header it does also save time at least for me it did and i would not hesitate to use them again but if price is a issue you will have to crunch your numbers but remenber with the low lose header you might not need a spriovent i did not and i'm using radant staple up with panel rads and i have had no air issue hope this helped peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,830
    It can provide

multiple functions, it works as an air eliminator, a bit of a dirt separator, a connection point for the expansion and fill, solid mounting for the circs, and they are properly proportioned to function hydraulicly " correct.

Labor savings is a big plus.

Nicer brands come with an insulation jacket :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.