Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

laars endurance hot water problem

Options
james_29
james_29 Member Posts: 2
I just move into a condo in NYC that have a laars endurance ebp 175, during a cold day when the boiler is running, the hot water is sufficient even it's not as hot as it should be. but in the afternoon where the apartment is warm enough that no heat is needed. I do not get hot water until i leave the hot water (cold) running for 15 or 20 minutes till the boiler starts up, or if i want instant hot water, i have to manualy puush up the thermostat. am i suppose to do that in the summer? or is there something wrong with this boiler or connections? please help. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Steve M_2
    Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Sounds likes....

Sounds like it's either the 3 way valve or the flow switch. You need a experienced Laars Endurance tech or just a good tech who can read the installation instructions, it's all right there. The tech can call Laars for tech support, they're very helpful. You can also go to the top of this page to resources and look under, Find a professional for local companies.
  • Joannie_15
    Joannie_15 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Sounds Right

Thank you, Steve. It does sound like the valve or flow switch. Laars can be reached at 800-900-9276 from 8-5 eastern. Press the prompt for Technical Support. It would be helpful to have your tech call, as the tech will be able to answer the questions that our staff will be asking.

Joannie

Laars Heating Systems Company
  • james_29
    james_29 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I call Tech Support at Laars and spoke to George, a GREAT help, turns out that the flow switch was install upsidedown. Problems fix thanks a million

James
  • Chris Adams
    Chris Adams Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Former Laars installer, I emphasize former

We installed the Endurance a couple of times, not very impressed with them. Reminded me of a regurgitated Trianco Heatmaker. It's easy to see why they will never be in the class of a Viessmann, Buderus or Triangle Tube. Whoever said you get what you pay for wasn't quite accurate. Sometimes you pay for junk!

Chris
  • Steve M_2
    Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Endurances

You must not be installing many boilers right now when it's 1:22 in the afternoon when you posted. I'll repeat the mantra, A boiler is only as good as the installation. The Endurance had some problems early on with the control board and the flow switch but they stood behind the product and offered great tech support. As far as being similar to a Heatmaker, Laars brought out Trianco when they designed the Endurance, I think to avoid some patent issues. I've installed well over 200 Heatmakers and most are still running today and Laars does carry all the replacement parts. Most plumbers thought they were junk because they didn't take the time to learn how they work. They were one of the first sealed combustion boilers that needed them fancy tools to set up the gas/air mix. The Heatmakers were a fairly complicated boiler in their day. I've always said, if you can figure out a Heatmaker, you can work on any piece of equipment.

So before you call something junk, make sure you have proper training on the equipment or at least read the instruction book.
  • jhfsdhf2171289
    jhfsdhf2171289 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    steve

right you are heat maker done right works great we do not see many to service now. the guys in the service end used to call them ice makers when they failed it was always the coldest days. jon
  • Chris Adams
    Chris Adams Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Dear Steve M

They have this new technology called a smart phone that allows you to access the internet from anywhere anytime. You can be on the job or riding in a truck and you can post. Go to the nearest Radio Shack and ask for a lesson. It will blow your mind! Laars is garbage and you know it. Anybody smart enough to get on the net from a phone must know what he's talking about.
This discussion has been closed.