Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil furnace

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,143
john if it is oil ,when was the last time the unit was serviced which i mean filter ,noz ,pump strainer ,clean gun assemble ,fan assembly and brushing and vacuming the heat exchanger and checking the chimmey for obstructions and draft ?check your oil supply line for obstructions ,vacume leaks ,cad cell ohm reading ,ingintion transfiormer . make sure you have a good supply of oil also check your amp draw on your burner motor and make sure your pump and it,s coupling are in good shape and not binding ,i would cycle the burner motor to be sure there's not a dead spot on the winding last but not least do a combustion test there's alot of small stuff that must be working correctly for a unit not to go off on nuscent resets ,if your not to familar with oil burners you should contact a company that services oil burners on a regular basics it the long and short of it they do it evevry day they know what what instead of looking stupid by going back every few days or just replacing parts hope it help peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• John Milette
    John Milette Member Posts: 8
    Reset Tripping

On one of our residential building we have an oil furnace that keeps tripping from time to time. Their is power going in and out of the aquastat board and to the reset control. As soon as we reset it, it starts right up but a few days later it will trip again. What is most likely the problem?
  • John Milette
    Reset Tripping

On one of our residential building we have an oil furnace that keeps tripping from time to time. Their is power going in and out of the aquastat board and to the reset control. As soon as we reset it, it starts right up but a few days later it will trip again. What is most likely the problem?
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

too many things can cause this to answer online. You should call a tech in to check it out. And is it a furnace for warm air or a water or steam boiler?
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    reset problem

We could post on this for hours or days. Best to get a qualified oil tech on it. peace
  • John Milette
    Oil Boiler

Sorry for not being too specific. It's a residential hot water boiler. I changed the oil fiter, the burner nozle and cleaned the burner assembly.
  • John Milette
    Oil Boiler

Thanks for your advice. I wish that I could find a good and conscientious tech to look at it. Any suggestion for the DC area?
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    boiler

Cape Cod Mass here, but I'm sure there are more than capable guys in here that are close to you. Ask a neighbor, or do some calling. Good luck
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Foley Mechanical

and they're listed on the Find a Professional page of this site, under Resources at the top of the page.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.