Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

the board is getting wiggy

Jim_64
Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
the font changed, and it tried to make me post as someone else

Comments

• toss your cookies!

your intertubez cookies are to blame, you need to delete them. Go to tools, then Internet options and about half way down that window you'll see browsing history, click on delete and in that window you'll see delete cookies. That always seems to cure Wall quirks. Once it's done you may find that you'll need to relog into some of your usual places. Just so you know.
  • Jim_64
    yeah, i've done similar before

but isn't there a way to just heave the wall cookies, so that i'd have only one relog?
  • Not to my knowledge but,

I don't have that much computer knowledge so there may be.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Delete

the cookie called forumns.invision.net and clear the cache. All of these problems will be gone when the new site launches. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jim_64
    thanks dan, but now i'm getting e-mails

of responses to topics when i haven't checked the 'e me responses' box. in fact, i don't even see the box anymore to un-check it from my previous posts

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    cookies

Sounds like you have the Conficker virus? try tossin your cookies first, this might help. peace
  • scrook_2
    scrook_2 Member Posts: 610
    cookies...

"nicholas bonham-carter" and one/two others sometimes gets substituted for me when I reply. Always the same couple alternates, So I just retype my info in. Odd.

Haven't tried deleting the "forums.invision.net" & "heatinghelp.com" cookies though, but guessing that might fix it.
  • Jim_64
    others also get substituted for me

just earlier, i don't remember who, but i've gotten accustomed to looking before i hit 'post'
This discussion has been closed.