Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The better 80% furnaces

Are you talking gas or oil?

Comments

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    The better 80% furnaces

Have a customer that needs a new 80% eff. furnace replacement, locally Ruud are Available. what is the opinion on them ? Thanks Richard
  • Derheatmeister

Nat Gas
  • Darin Cook_9
    Darin Cook_9 Member Posts: 45
    Why 80%?

For the minimal price difference I would sell them a 90% or higher. Is this a seasonal residence/camp where they do not want to worry about the condensate freezing up on the furnace?

Darin
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Look at 95% energy star, they qualify for 30% tax credit up

to 1500.00 and also the local utility might have a rebate program. This very likely would offset difference or close to it. Tim
  • Wayne_16
    Wayne_16 Member Posts: 130
    Ruud, Rheem, Weatherking

> Have a customer that needs a new 80% eff. furnace

> replacement, locally Ruud are Available. what is

> the opinion on them ? Thanks Richard

Have all been a good furnace for a long time. I feel a quality product, with stainless steel primary and secondary heat exchangers. It has been some time since I worked with a company that sold the Rheem/Ruud brand, so I am not up on the latest inprovements. Like all equipment, proper installation is the key. Personally I liked using the bottom return, for the return air. More even loading of the blower assembly, resulted in less warranty or air flow issues.
    Minnesota Wayne
  • Derheatmeister
    Cannot Condense

Thank's, Yes the furnace cannot be a Condenser! Venting and other restricting Issues apply or are restrictive enough to not Qualify the 90 + eff. Otherwise i would naturally offer and 90+ eff.!
  • John Mills_4
    John Mills_4 Member Posts: 43
    Go for it

Ruud makes a great furnace. If he wants the best, the 2 stage variable speed unit is a nice one. Match with Vision Pro IAQ and will properly stage plus can offer dehumidify on demand for extra summer comfort.

Have not had 1 failure of a Rheem/Ruud furnace tubular heat exchanger since they came out in 1992. No ignitor means less problems for the customer.
This discussion has been closed.