Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carrier/Bryant Oil Furnaces

I've been hearing stories about electromagnetic interference. Are you by any chance running your 24v and 115 v in close proximity?

Comments

• jim dowling_2
    jim dowling_2 Member Posts: 15
    Carrier/Bryant Oil Furnaces

Has anyone been having problems with Riello burners not shutting down after a call for heat is satisfied.Burner runs & runs like the energizer bunny until the power is shut off. I've had at least 6 units do this. Everytime its always the same problem, the 24 volt relay next to the circuit board sticks.Limit control keeps the home from burning down,but if an unocc. home the temp. gets up to 95-100 degrees.Last home today had twisted wood melted candles etc.
  • Is there a way,,,

to disconnect the relay coil and see if it's sticking mechanically or electrically?
  • billtwocase_4
    billtwocase_4 Member Posts: 2
    Riello

I don't know why a Riello would be matched up with a warm air furnace anyway. Might be 2 controls that are not compatable. Boiler fitted with Riello, can't beat it, but warm air, Beckett/Carlin. peace
  • jim dowling_2
    riello

Yes the 24 v. relay is next cir. board. The relay was stuck mecanically not elec. Disc. power to relay and burner keeps running, smack the relay lightly and it disengages. Same problem on at least 6 units.
  • Wow,

talk about wierd eh? Sounds like C/B got a bad batch of relays? Could be the contacts are welding together?

I recently installed one with the Beckett, like november, I'd have to check. Hasn't had this problem
  • jim dowling_2

Bryant/carrier oil furnaces with beckett burners have no 24 volt relay. Uses cad cell relay. Havn't had a problem with them sticking,only the riellos.
  • Ah,

didn't know that. Haven't had to get into the circuit far enough to find that out. Which is a good thing if you ask me. ;)

I'd call Carrier (or Bryant) and see what they have to say about it. 6 units same problem is a little strange. If they aren't aware of it they should be. I'd like to know myself if you wouldn't mind posting the results here.
This discussion has been closed.