Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler maintaining 80 degree in house thermostat off

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
world. Not running and still 80 in house. :)
Now, Seriously, you probably have a stuck relay on for pump, or could be thermostat but less likely. Maybe try taking thermostat off wall and if it shuts off then it is thermostat, if it does not you will probably have to get a service person in to repair. Good luck, Tim

Comments

• Joseph_4
    Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
    Options
    house is maintaining 80 degree temp. turned thermostat off

My house was getting real hot. 80 Degrees F. I shut off thermostat and it seems to be stuck at 80. Could someone tell me if this a thermostat issue or could it be the aquatat. Its a hot water system (not steam)
    Thank You.
  • First I'd check

to see if the baseboard or radiators are still hot when the thermostat's been off a good while . If they're still hot it can be like Tim said - a stuck relay or bad thermostat . Maybe a flow valve that is stuck open .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    exactly as they said,

but you should be able to tell if the boiler still fires/comes on, when the stat is off, by sitting next to the boiler for a little while, read a mag/whatever. if it comes on with the stat off, unless ya feel lucky and want to gamble on five shots or six, call a pro
  • Joseph_4
    Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
    Options
    boiler staying on 80

Thank you for all responses. It was as someone here said, a zone valve stuck in the open position
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    yeah, that'd do it

it became a gravity system
This discussion has been closed.