Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler w/ an indirect

If the end switch of the zone valve is not connected into the Taco ZCP , you need to put a jumper wire where the end switch wire goes to the terminals for that zone .

Comments

• G Waite
    G Waite Member Posts: 23
    Boiler w/ an indirect

I dont Know.
    I get a call from the indirect to the zone valve the zone valve turns but the water never moves. The other zones call and the water moves. I think the zone valve on the indirect is not hooked to the circ. There is a Taco box.
  • paul_79
    paul_79 Member Posts: 91

there are lights on the taco zone control "box". Do you see one light up when that zone calls?
  • G Waite

The lights on the Taco box go on. The problem is that after that nothing happens. The indirect just stays open. Then when another zone calls the water then goes to the other zone. But because the indirect is still open that heat call is satisfied also along with the zone that came on also. The unit heats a basement apartment and he thinks the renter used the heat all summer. Which would of kept the hot water working. The house is only 2 maybe three yrs old. So to recap, the indirect calls the valve turns and that is it ( no circulation)j
  • Jim_47
    Jim_47 Member Posts: 244
    Zone valves Taco box and warm showers

When the light comes on on the taco box associated with the hot water zone, does one of the little relays click? Try swapping relays with a heating zone. Is this system new or was it already in operation for a period of time. Sounds like an end switch is not making. End switch in the zone valve or end switch contact in the panel. Does the hot water have its own circulator? Get out your meter and start tracing the problem.
  • paul_79
    paul_79 Member Posts: 91

so let me see if i get this right the aqua stat calls you see the zone valve open . on the taco zone control a light should go on, and next to the light it should read T-STAT 1 or 3 or whatever. just below that light there is another light which should light that says VALVE 1 or 3 ect. Does the second light come on? Also could you get the model of the taco zone control.
  • G Waite

The unit is in my buddies house. The papers are being passed on Tue. The house was sold. The new owner will prorobly never know.I did leave my card so I may get the call. If I do I will need some help with diagnosis. I will start with switching around some wires.
This discussion has been closed.