Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ClimateMaster Geo?..........................(Starch)

Options
Same issue here, except CM won't budge re buying elsewhere, so it looks like we'll be switching brands.

Comments

• John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Options
    My main supplier.....

...is apparently picking up this line of geothermal equipment. Does anyone have any experience with ClimateMaster?
  • Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Its all hearsay

But i have been told that they are the best product and the highest efficiency. I would love to sell one but so far every customer opts for a conventional system after seeing the cost.
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315
    Options

At a former company we did work on and replace ClimateMaster water cooled heat pumps. Maybe the same type of stuff you're looking at.

Now this was 10 years ago, but the biggest problem we had was the distributor. In our area we had to buy equipment from our competition who made it tough. We ended up complaining to the factory enough that they let us buy it from another distributor in a neighboring territory.

Equipment wise it seemed OK, no big issues.
  • Mac_4
    Mac_4 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Climatemaster

ClimateMaster is a great company with good products. I installed a Tranquility 27 Series in my home last November.
    The only issues I have had relate to a poorly designed/sized horizontal field. This has forced me to use more pumping power then I should need and keeps my return fluid to the field at a lower temperature then I would like and limits how quickly I can raise the temperature in the house. Those issues aside the Climatemaster heat pump is running great, the temperature stays constant +/- 2 degrees, and its very quiet. The ClimateMaster web site has a very good, and easy to use, listing of the tax credits and rebates available by state.
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    We've sold

and installed many ClimateMaster HP's over the years and had very good luck with them. I believe they have quite a few performance options available. In fact I think they make the Tranquility series which is one of the highest (efficiency) performing lines out there.

I think they manufactur the heat pumps that get the Carrier and Bryant stickers on them as well.

I think everyone I installed when I was in the field was a simple: complete installation, start-up unit, do performance checks, and button it up. They've proven themselves (to me) to be high quality, reliable units.

Disclaimer: I have NO affiliation with ClimateMaster and nothing to gain or loose by the units you choose!

Good Luck, Rich L
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315
    Options

I'm sure they like to honor their agreements with the distributors, but having to buy your equipment from your competition just worked poorly for us in this case. You could try to circumvent CM and call the next closest supplier. Give them a job location that's in their area and maybe you can get away with it.

Our company owns a supply house too and we sell to our competition, but we treat everyone the same.
  • S Ebels_2
    S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Voice of experience

Dave Mason, who hangs out here from time to time has installed lot's of 'em. He says the product itself is good but the factory support sucks. Dave knows his way around geo stuff and has installed quite a few so I'd put a lot of stock in what he says. He became very familiar with Climate Master when he did geo training for Carrier which is re-branded C/M.
  • S Ebels_2
    S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    As with all heating systems

People tend to look at the main piece, be a boiler, a furnace, a geo unit or whatever and don't realize that it's all about the system and how well it's designed and installed. Sorry you had the poor success with the geo field.
This discussion has been closed.