Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Extinction Pop on LP insert- pilot outage

World Plumber
World Plumber Member Posts: 389
Check the manual or with tech support to see if it is supposed to have baffles to control the airflow. Some sealed combustion units have them. The manuals say you can have outages if they are not used for certain piping arangements. I not familuar with this unit. But it a good place to start looking.

Comments

• Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

Got a customer w/ a Travis Industries LP fireplace insert unit. Sealed combustion- pipes up the chimney. I have checked the gas press. at the valve outlet. 10" wc on high and like 4" wc on low. It has 2 outlet vents (to the exhaust-vent pipe) and one inlet vent (from fresh air pipe). The inlet is adjustable, outlets are fixed. After it runs for a few minutes, unless it's on low. the unit goes off w/ a pop and takes the pilot out. Pilot looks great, I have tried adj the air shutter ion the burner to no avail. The burner looks good- not cracked or warped. Any suggestions? Thx in advance.
  • Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

The unit has been working properly for 8 yrs. I replaced the thermocouple and vacuumed out the burner etc.. Now it's having issues on main burner shutdown? One old thread said to check for a partly plugged orifice. The pilot is strong, it's the extinction pop/bang that takes it out.
This discussion has been closed.