Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien condensing tankless gas water heaters

Darin Cook_9
Darin Cook_9 Member Posts: 45
I have not heard any comments pro or con but keep this in mind. They are not GAMA listed. What does that mean? Read on -

"AHRI Certification Programs
Learn About Certification
Rated Versus Certified

What is the difference between certified and rated?

Any manufacturer can claim they have followed the prescribed ARI standard rating methodology and claim the equipment has been “rated in accordance” with that standard. However, only those manufacturers that successfully participate in AHRI’s certification programs can claim that their qualifying products are “ARI Performance Certified®."

Look for the ARI Performance Certified mark on HVACR equipment and components or search for certified products listed in the Directory of Certified Product Performance." This is from the GAMA website.

The market has been flooded in our area with Navien heaters. Time will tell concerning how well they perform in relation to the stated efficiency claim on the literature. AS far utility rebates are concerned they are being accepted at this point for the NGrid program.

Darin

Comments

• bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Navien condensing tankless gas water heaters

Looking at selling and installing Navien tankless gas water heaters.

Looking for pros and cons on the Navien TGWH. Please give me the good and bad.

Do these units deliver what they say?

How is there tech support?

Is this your main line of tankless or do you use more than one brand?

Thanks for the info.
  • Home Depot Employee
    Home Depot Employee Member Posts: 329

Interesting post Darin

Food for thought-

I know the Navien's were independently tested otherwise publishing false claims leads to potential discrepancies and possible lawsuits.

Regarding GAMA, it has been my experience they like to collect their money to verify performances that had already been proven, and keep collecting for every one shipped.

Has not being listed with GAMA stopped people from purchasing and installing?
  • Darin Cook_9
    Darin Cook_9 Member Posts: 45
    Navien

I do not believe not being GAMA listed has impacted sales. It may or may not impact claiming the Federal Tax Incentives. Many times installers do not even know what GAMA is. Do not misunderstand - This is not a bash on Navien. It is just a point to be made that other manufacturers have made the effort and paid the money to be GAMA listed. Why not Navien?
  • Home Depot Employee
    Home Depot Employee Member Posts: 329

I can only guess in due time Darin

As far as listings go, where do you stop? ASME, NFG, NFPA, CGA, ETL, IBR, UL, UPC, CSA, ES ..........................

Fed Tax incentives fall under Energy Star listings which all units met so there should be no hold-up there, Cert letter is on the site
This discussion has been closed.