Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

laundrymat water heating

Mike Dunn
Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
I am putting together a quote for a laundrymat water heating system to replace an existing 23 yr old system.

I am going to quote solar as the 1st stage and nat gas as the second stage.

I'm wondering whether to quote tank style water heater or mod con boiler with indirects. Load is 210 gph

I just noticed the Lochinvar Armor. Anyone with experience using this system in a commercial application

Thanks for your input

Mike Dunn

Comments

• troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    Munchkin

Munchkin makes a domestic boiler that pumps straight to an insulated storage tank. Super efficient. It always condenses cause the water is always cold coming in.
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Start with

Hamilton engineering.

Your solar Idea is good with me, but the load is great if it is a good laundry. Megga therms will be needed.

On the flip side someone might give you money to try, think grants.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Are you sure on 210 per hr, that is nothing. 3.5 gpm. I would

question myself on that first. Not saying your doing things wrong but normally laundromats come up mucccch higher than that. Tim
  • AZ
    AZ Member Posts: 7
    tekmar

About a year ago I retrofitted a laundromat, however, like Tim made mention, the water usage was much higher. To be perfectly honest with you, the greatest difficulty I found was finding a control that worked seamlessly with the second stage (mod/con NG boilers). I ended up using tekmar controls w/ their boiler controls. They have a few solar controls that work excellent in conjunction with their modulating boiler controls.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998

For the food industry and laundromats, we have had excellent results with the Armour. They usely cut the gas consumption in half.

To get an accurate load estimate, you should take the note of each model and quantaty. Go to the manufacturer's website. You will find with most companies, the hot water requirements. Or, you can look at the installation brochures for the specific models. We have done a number of commercial laundries and the equipment suppliers have provide me witht the spreadsheets on hot and cold water consumption as well as CDs with the installation manuels for the complete model line.
This discussion has been closed.