Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

good ball valves

Steve M_2
Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
I like the red handled Red/White ball valves, never had trouble with them. I wish they'd make iso flanges. I air tested a new system this afternoon and searched for awhile to find a leak and it was the iso flange at the silicone seal and no, I didn't over heat it. As my auto mechanic says, "Just because its new, doesn't mean its good"

Comments

• dennisKG
    dennisKG Member Posts: 1
    good ball valves

When I installed my heat system a couple years ago I put in a couple 1 1/4" stubs on the copper manifold with ball valves for future. I recently found one of the valves with a small drip. It will eventually bleed my system done to 5 psi where the low pressure switch opens the circuits. I believe I used Nibco valves. Is there a better quality brand I can buy? I tried cracking the valve and reclosing with the B.F.P. feeding the system but it didn't help. Also I noticed some dark growth in the tubing on one of my floor loops. I am going to have to drain system to fix valve should I put in a growth inhibitor or cleaner of some type? Do you guys do that on a yearly basis? Thank you for responding.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Apollo

Apollo valves I find are the best
  • I have better luck with

I have better luck with HEAVY casted Nibco valves. Used to like WB but as like with others, quainty(sp) went south..
  • Andrew Hagen_2
    Andrew Hagen_2 Member Posts: 236
    Milwaukee

Hard to beat a Milwaukee valve.
  • Ray_14
    Ray_14 Member Posts: 17
    Legend

valve are a great quality valve and are economical. They also carry a 5 yr./ $25 guarantee. They will warranty the valve even if it is over-heated.
  • Apollo

They have offshore valves made in Italy that are really nice and are only a little more than the chinese valves and way cheaper than the USA apollos.
This discussion has been closed.