Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam expert

Options
anyone in that area a homeowner needs some help with a very poor install situation.

Comments

• bill romer
    bill romer Member Posts: 1
    Options
    #80 steam vent

have you ever seen a #80 dole vent if so were can i get
    one or a replacement i need for one of my cust.
    thank you
    bill r.
  • A picture would

help.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    dole # 80

a jacobus [ maid-o-mist ] or gorton is same type & pattern. either will work as identical replacement. straight or angle . try tunstall. they have dole.
  • Try

www.abledistributers.com/pdf_pages/hydronic/dole.pdf

or

www.southsidecontrol.com/acatalog/products_dole_5983.html
  • Kevin Jahn
    Kevin Jahn Member Posts: 18
    Options

Tim,

I do not normally do residential. If I can get some more info from you I may be able to help or refer the job.

Kevin
  • Kevin Jahn, thank you

contact jrchob@ameritech.net and see if you can help him out. Check the posting in my area (bottom of the wall) called "Wet Steam"

Here is his last posting to me:

Thank you so much for your responses. The service rep nor the one in charge of installations has called me back. I do plan to contact the company head tomorrow. I live in Grand Rapids MI. If you know of any one in this area it would be appreciated. The boiler was installed end of Oct. and was close to $20,000 with asbestos removal and the removal of the very large 80 yr old boiler. In addition to the Utica warranty, we did receive a 2 year warranty from the heating contractor. I have been trying to learn about steam boilers and have read excerps from the "Lost Art of Steam Heating" but the terms are so foreign to me. Again thanks. Not really feeling great tonight. jrchob
  • Kevin Jahn
    Kevin Jahn Member Posts: 18
    Options
    wet steam

Tim,

I will contact them and see if the boss is interested in a residential. We are strictly commercial and industrial (except for a few commercial customers homes). We have repaired many problems created by others with the Uticas flooding due to the small water capacity. When they say a very large boiler was removed I suspect more problems than the near boiler piping. Most of the commercial building we service have large feed tanks to store the condensate as the boiler cannot store it.
  • Thanks Kevin that is much appreciated.

her name I believe is Janet.
This discussion has been closed.