Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Single Best Tool Purchase

2»

Comments

• and my brother said...

After learning why they installed hand control on lawn mowers to "prevent" user lifting mower to trim hedges with hands holding blade housing, " No matter how many safeties the product have, nothing is idiot proof."

• me brain

it gets me outta jams when i don't have the right tool on hand
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    good one!!

Favorite tool would have to be our Paslode cordless framing nailer. Shoots a 3 1/4" nail through 2x4 blocking with ease. Plesure to work with, has taken one hellofa beaten and keeps on tickin.
  • bb_11
    bb_11 Member Posts: 39
    my computer

so I can come on The Wall!

bb
  • martin
    martin Member Posts: 144
    dewalt dry cut

If your using the dewalt dry cut don't try it on cast iron. I'm not sure why but it won't touch it, doesn't make it toothless and useless but blunt and ????. If your cutting cast iron and can't get a snapper on it get a 4" angle grinder with cut off wheels works great.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    dry cuy

A band saw works wonders on bell & spigot, I use the Dewalt chop box w/an abrasive blade for no-hub, works great, That Dewalt dry cut saw is next on my wish list
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Go SLOW...

I've used our Dewalt dry cut numerous times for cutting cast iron things in half for the purpose of visual demonstration, like air scoops, pump volutes, etc... The key is to go slow and not over pressure the blade. Let IT do the work.

I remember the first one I ever purchased, was about 6 years ago on a major big job. ALL of the other tradesmen were coming by my work station looking it over, and the following week, EVERYONE had one in their crib.

I should have bought a franchise... WONDERFUL tool.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    saw

I just might order one today
This discussion has been closed.