Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need pics of unprotected oil lines

Options
Norm Harvey
Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684
Hey there,

Does anyone have pictures of protected and unprotected oil lines in the field? Maybe some of an Oil Safety valve installed also?

There is new legislation in MA that will require all unprotected oil lines be brought up to code by July 1,2010 regardless iff new equipment is installed or not.

I'm looking for pictures to send out in a mailer to my customers so that they can check their oil lines to see if they are up to code or not.

Thanks

- Norm

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=569&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Hi Norm,

I have no pics yet, but the Canadian TSSA was all over this years ago.
    No copper, or steel piping/tubing of any kind to be in "direct contact" with concrete, then they summoned the property insurance co`s, so no-tank is allowed to be older than 15-20 years. People were(and are), pissed!

Dave
  • Sissy
    Sissy Member Posts: 31
    Options

Norm, I work in mass too. Do you know who will be responsible for informing the homeowners who don't service their equip, especially the people who refuse their oil co's recommendations? Will we be responsible for reporting them to the local fire dept? It doesn't make sense to have an unprotected line but many people think you just want more money.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    oil lines

Peckham, I also have an oil company in Mass. We have to get them upgraded bu June 2010. I'm still getting bits and peices, but there will be forms from your local fire depts that will need to be filed by us. It's not a choice, and along with protected lines, it's OSV too if it can gravity feed. There will be alot of troublesome overhead lines installed for sure. If the customer refuses, i guess we gotta drop them. The floaters will be the ones to watch. Before any deliveries or service, do an inspection on new customers. That's what i've always done. I think the customer should be able to get this as a tax deduction, but it's about them being able to get some insurance coverage if they choose. I've been starting the upgrades, and starting a list of ones to do. I guess we will be busy. peace
  • Jeremy_14
    Jeremy_14 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Cmon

Cmon guys, look through your computer photo files and dig up those exiting action shots of crappy oil line installations. Can't you help a man out?
This discussion has been closed.