Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiator air valves spitting drops of water.

bb_11
bb_11 Member Posts: 39
to do with TRVs, but it explains 1 PS.

Comments

• narcaparbebra
    narcaparbebra Member Posts: 32
    radiator air valves spitting drops of water.

Hi everyone.
    I have i big radiator in my bed room that is occasionally sptting out water during the start up.
    Its not a huge deal, only about a few droplets or so.
    Question is, what is causing the water to spew out, other than wet steam? My headers are about 30" from water line and water is tea like in color. Unit was skimmed a few times, and this is the ONLY radiator that is spitting water.
    If I was to guess, I would say that there is water in this radiator which is causing it to spit out.

I have not pitched it yet… so can someone please affirm my guess or is there another cause?

Thanks
  • bb_11
    bb_11 Member Posts: 39
    The Library

Check the library link. Search on TRV. There is an article about 1 Pipe Steam that should help you.

Make sure the supply valve is fully opened, and the radiator and pipes are pitched properly.

bb
  • narcaparbebra

hi. im not sure what this issue has to do with TRV. can you pls clarify
  • Frank_63
    Frank_63 Member Posts: 40
    Size of Air Vent

Sometimes this problem is caused by fast venting of a large radiator. The faster you vent, the more condensate you create, especially when the radiator is cold. You say this happens at start up. By that do you mean that this happens early in each cycle, or is it only in the morning during the first cycle after an evening set back?
  • narcaparbebra

Thanks.
    It happens early after each cycle...
This discussion has been closed.