Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Calling Hot Rod

Ron Huber_2
Ron Huber_2 Member Posts: 127
Hot Rod,
Does Caleffi make a solar control that will do DHW/Pool/Space Heat or even DHW/Pool ?

Comments

• Andrew Hagen_2
    Andrew Hagen_2 Member Posts: 236
    Control

I am obviously not Hot Rod, but I believe you could do it with this control. Resol DeltaSol M I am not sure if Caleffi is currently offering this control, but Stiebel Eltron is as the SOM 8, if I remember correctly.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,830
    like this drawing?

The I-solar 3 control has two relay outputs to operate a system in this manner.
    I-solar plus has two relays that are variable speed controls.

The I-solar 3 will switch 1.4 amp loads on both relays, the variable speed triac relays in the Plus control will only switch 1 amp. of course external relays could be used, to switch a pool pump for example. the output from the IU-solar controls is 120V. So a relay with a 120V coil is required. Let me know if you need any more info or help.

The Caleffi.us website has pdf files of these various controls to show wiring and arrangement selection

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Olson
    Mark Olson Member Posts: 5
    DHW and Pool

Here is another way to plumb. When pool/panel delta T is satisfied, the diverting valve sends heat to the pool HX. Pool pump is wired through Caleffi hi amp flow switch so no need for relay. When call for DHW, controller prioritizes the solar back over to charge storage tank. This is also a good way for overheat protection even if panels aren't sized to appreciable heat pool up....especially in the south with pools common and high solar fraction.
This discussion has been closed.