Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle tube domestic output?

bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
Hi

This unit will deliver 180 GPH of domestic hot water at a 70* temp rise.

If the home owner has 2.5 GPM shower heads take a look at replacing them with ALSONS 1.6 GPM shower heads. I have the ALSONS 1.6 in my house and they flow with enough water that even my teenage daughters don't complain that the 1.6 GPM shower head does not deliver enough water to wash their long hair. The 1.6 GPM shower head works great.

If there is space in the house for a holding tank I would install a wellmate fiberglass holding tank (40, 80, 120) gallong tank just on the water line going to the indirect water heater on the prestige excellence to take the cold winter water temp and get the water temp up 10 - 20 degrees or so so the indirect water heater would deliver more GPH.

Good luck with the job. Bob Eck

Comments

• Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 395
    I have never used a T Tube

But the excellence sounds great. I have also seen many comments and threads go by praising the Tube. I am nervous about the domestic production though. The application I am thinking of using it in is Hydro air and domestic hot water. I am replacing a 40 gal state w/h and a Noritz standing in as a boiler running at 150 deg. I was also wondering about the high water temp with a Tube. Its definitely outside of condensing temps. The reset would bring it down some times but the customer likes the house cool anyway so not much. The thing that makes me want to use it the most is it will fit in the attic were the Noritz is now.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    I've

had jobs where the Excellence seemed like a good fit, but each time, after crunching demand numbers, and talking to my TT rep, this is what the deal seems to be:

For a single bath home/condo,fine. For anything bigger, tread VERY carefully, or ditch the idea. No one wants to run out of HW:)

Think heat source with a small bonus of some domestic HW.
  • Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 395

The TT was to be a back up to a indirect using a reverse cycle chiller for the source. We are talking northern California were a cold night might drop to 25 deg a couple of times a year. The reverse cycle chiller will heat the tank as a buffer for the radiant and the heat exchanger would heat or pre-heat the domestic hot water. The RVC will not meet load in cold weather below 34 deg it wont meet the heating load never mind the domestic. I Think I might try something else.

• 3 GPM is quite adequate for most small families. and it's continuous! Better than most people are used to.

If your ground water is warmer than in other portions of the country, acceptable flow rates can be higher as well.

This discussion has been closed.