Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostatic radiator valves

Henry
Henry Member Posts: 998
Danfoss makes thermostatic valves that have vandal proof heads. We use those in low en apartments.

Comments

• Joe Jesse_3
    Joe Jesse_3 Member Posts: 1
    Thermostatic radiator valves

Does anyone know a source for tamper proof thermostatic radiator valves. They are for use in balancing a small apartment building. I can picture all the tenants setting them at the highest level. Thanks
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Is the radiator all exposed or convectors in enclosures? You could put a remote head TRV on and put the head in a plastic t-stat box with cover & lock...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    the best trvs for apts.

only use trvs if you have perfect mainline venting, and low pressure [under 16 ounces] in your system. there is a limit to how much control these trvs have over "hot spots" in your system. for 1 trv you can get almost 4 gorton #2's-i know where i have put my money in just such a case! also pay attention to thermostat placement, and anticipation. maybe a h/w visionpro with remote indoor sensor, and control panel located in a lockable area is in your future. that's what i did.--nbc
  • mark ransley
    mark ransley Member Posts: 155

I just got 3 Danfoss sets from state supply with the tamper resistant heads, so far one may not be working at all in closing. The head has a pin anybody can remove if they research it so they dont really lock, I dont know why they didnt do something better that is tamper proof.
  • mark ransley
    mark ransley Member Posts: 155

My instruction sheet says under 2 lb the system must run, I wonder if I might be at just above 2 lb. One guy here gave me a tip, take the foil tape and put a piece over the vent hole on a vent and use a pin to make a smaller hole on overheating rads. Also I think top mount vents will lower radiator output.
This discussion has been closed.