Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil ultra problem

i installed a series 3 ultra that had the return>feed fault. Replaced the control to add the prepurge. Just had the new control lockout on the same fault. This time I noticed the return sensor was reading 100 deg. higher than the actual water temp. I used a laser temp. gun on the pipe to make sure. I now have a customer who wants this thing ripped down off the wall and thrown out.

What do you guys think is going on? New return sensor? another control?

Not too happy with this unit.

Comments

• kpc_69
    kpc_69 Member Posts: 2
    the ohms..

on the sensor to see if its working right.Have you contacted your local area W_M rep? The U3 has had a bunch of issues. ...I think we are the lab rats for this series. Is there a U2 around you could put in its place?
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    lab rats? i'll say

do what kpc suggested. the manual has the specs for checking the sensors. if that's it, consider yourself lucky. and if you're gonna pitch it, i'll take it off your hands to install in my house, bec i need some serious aggravation since my wife isn't around anymore <;-)
  • Dan H
    Dan H Member Posts: 15

Did you use the outdoor sensor as a pipe sensor?
    I'd switch the supply and return sensors around and see what temps you get with them hooked up in reverse of what you have.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.