Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Choked up

don_205
don_205 Member Posts: 66
I often wonder why people put themself thru being a part changer.

A good general-purpose incline manometer would have found the issue in no time.

Even a amp meter would have pointed one to a problem.After all, if the motor not coming up to rated amps that must mean their is no load on the motor.

Good find Rich.

Comments

• Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Choked Up.

My insurance agent Ken bought his own boiler from a distributor he knows. He has a Crown Bimini. After about two months in service it came up with a fault code that indicated an open air switch. He went thru the company he bought it from and they sent out a service company who obviously never saw one of these.

After changing the control module, the display module and the air switch they still could not get it to fire.After hearing a number of lame excuses Ken asked what I would do. I went on line and found the trouble shooting manual. Took it and read it and decided that it was probaly something simple.

After pulling the burner out I found it to be plugged with very fine cement dust. The house is brick veneered and they were sawing fairly close to the fresh air inlet. The inducer fan pulled this dust through the unit to the fine screened burner where it caked and eventually shut down the unit due to lack of air flow.

The moral of the story is that air has to go through the burner not just to it. Surprisingly we have not heard from the service company that was sent out to solve the problem.
  • yeah,

i frequently find mud wasp 'chambers' in air flow proving switch tubes in rtus
This discussion has been closed.