Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A PUBLIC THANK YOU

STEVE PAUL_3
STEVE PAUL_3 Member Posts: 126
There are still some gentlemen left in this trade. I want to publicly thank RAY, (RJBPHD)for saving my employers bacon. One of our Techs got a little too frisky with some old, obsolete, out of production cast iron base board and cracked a section. The owner was willing to allow us to replace the broken piece or the entire 23 feet with new cast iron. In desperation, I put a shout out on this site full of professionals for some help in locating this impossible find. LO-and-BEHOLD! Ray had just what we needed. After some back and forth E-Mails, he sent us (from Chicago to NJ) the exact section we needed for a price that I think just about covered his cost. It was beyond fair, he could have asked for almost any price but he was a straight shooter. The section was replaced and the customer is satisfied. THANK YOU RAY!

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315
    Good man that Ray

Ray, if only you had known you could have gotten more. Damn :)

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Ray

is one of the best guys I know.

This is what the Wall is all about.
    Retired and loving it.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    i love a success story.

there was a time when it was always like that. plumbers always helped other plumbers. it was a brotherhood. maybe it still has a chance. this forum is one helluva faction. to be forced to scrap over twenty running feet of cast iron radiation would have been disgraceful.
  • after my head....

After my head swelling went down from these kind comments. A bigger thank belongs to Dan for running this website. Another thank goes to my long standing customer that gave me a notice that her next door is being tear down and with the help of my friend ( met Dan at AHR show in Chicago), took out all the cast iron baseboards and some sunray units.
    I knew what Steve Paul was looking for as I grew up with baseray 7 that my late father installed. I hope the color matched... :)
This discussion has been closed.