Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Were`s Brad?

I miss his wit, humor and 1 liners.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    My guess

He caught a job.
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    I second ...

that. Kind of an ebb and flow to the wall.

Haven't seen (read) Brad lately, Constantin, Murph, Brian(tankless), Gary UK,

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Yes

I remember Murph and gary uk. Thanks Jim.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177

but where is frank from philly
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,500
    Alaska's been...

... pretty quiet also. *<;~) (or something similar)

Yours, Larry
  • And where's

And where's Perry?
    Thanks to the trolls that chased them away...
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Where's

Weezbo?
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Hopefully,

he's up to his eyeballs in work and good things. Me, I need more sleep.
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    Haven't seen

Christian Egli at all this season.

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Where's

Mark Hunt? Darin? Connie? Perry? Why don't people post job pictures anymore? What happened?
  • gasfolk
    gasfolk Member Posts: 392
    Where's...

Jerry Scharf
  • another MIA

Larry from OSHA
  • bob young
    times change --people do not

we don't need any experts to give advice. we got homeowners [ who could possibly know as much as some of them ] and plumbers wives that can thread 2 " pipe by hand [ who wants to mess with her ] & now we got the al sharpton of heating stirring the pot over a harmless ad & probably trying to bankrupt a good company. rabble rousing troublemakers always look for ways to ruin something that is working well. all we wanted to do is share knowledge & help others but the unstable could never understand that train of throught. some of these skells belong on a different type of forum like opra or dr. phil or jerry springer. they only want to argue & are never happy.real plumbers or technicians do not tolerate such nonsense. who could be bothered. if this keeps up everyone will leave.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    There's a wonderful quote from Peggy Noonan,

"Modern technology has empowered the unique and creative, but also the disturbed and destructive."

I've found that to be so true.
    Retired and loving it.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    That's the truth Dan

Very easy to be critical when it is possible to remain almost anonymus in cyber space.
  • DanHolohan
    That won't be the case

with the new site.
    Retired and loving it.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    Good Deal

My construction crew is working on some reclaimed bricks for your Wall as I send this.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    I'M thinking that

They are glued to CNBC for a while to see if the DOW dips to 5000. My 401K is now an 01K.

Gordy
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    I suppose that is an issue...

... perhaps the new site will fix it. My guess is that trolls will simply have a harder time posting their nonsense, barbs, etc. and as a result, the conversations here may take a turn for the better. However, the hard-core trolls will never go entirely away, IMO, as there are too many obfuscating technologies out there that enable folks to post... you simply slow them down, no more.

That said, some recurring themes in troll posts are so obvious, that the poster could be identified simply on the basis of the syntax of the message, the content, etc. That some of these posters have not been banned from posting here under their 'real' identities simply points to the philosophy that our esteemed host takes towards them. That's not a criticism BTW, this is Dan's house and if we wish to congregate here, we have to live by his rules.
  • DanHolohan
    Doing the best I can,

but with the new site, I'll know everyone who posts. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,402
    Post pictures????????? welll...I think we all know why

Good, clean installs get MASCERATED by elitist snobs (WHO VERY CURIOUSLY NEVER PUT UP PICTURES OF THEIR WORK...A RANDOM THOUGHT....MAYBE THEY DON'T ACTUALLY DO ANY INSTALLS?????)...me personally...I LOVE the excitement of putting some pics up to see what my critics can come up with: when you constantly strive to do and be better, you can't stay in the shadows. But everyone isn't the exhibitionist....I miss those guys too...how about Cheese, Eleft... I misplaced my camera...gotto look. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,402
    GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of the "men" hiding in their wive's aprons. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bob young

i wonder how MURPH feels about the whole thing ! lol
  • The Boiler Dr.
    Mad Dog

I think you may have misunderstood my point
    Good deal that hiding may not be as easy to accomplish is what I was trying to say
  • bob young

i think Bradley is working on a set of top secret plans.
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171

I miss Murph driving the bus
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Lest ye forget

That Brad is still somewhat of a newlywed.

If that modcons a rockin, don't come knockin.

Paul
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Hey Connie

Obfuscate this!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brad was talking

to me the other night in the chat room at HVACTV.COM. In fact we are going to get together with Ric Murray at some time soon and take a tour of TACO together.

I really miss some of the old timers that were here when I first discovered Heating Help. Those early gatherings for Wetstocks were really great.

When Dan went away Murph was the sheriff and he did a great job.
  • Leo_27
    Leo_27 Member Posts: 2
    Timmie Said

Timmie said, "I really miss some of the old timers that were here when I first discovered Heating Help. Those early gatherings for Wetstocks were really great."

I agree with that statement. Today the thread started by Dave Yates was similar to past threads. It seemed as more homeowners came looking for free advice the trade guys started to go away. It's sure not like it was when I started coming here eleven years ago. Like everything else change is never ending.

Leo
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153

Good points. Look forward to the new site. I don't post a lot. Like I said before, most people here will forget more than I'll ever know, thats why my posts are limited. The quality of advice here is unbelievable. I hope the homeowners appreciate what they have here. Working in the trade for 20 years this year,I am learning more now than ever before due to this site and education from the manufactorers.
This discussion has been closed.